Marc Almond Fighting For His Life Following Motorbike Accident

• Thread starter Just To Let You Know If Anyone Cares
  • Start date
No way,please say you are joking.That man is one of my idols and has the most fabulous voice.

> No way,please say you are joking.That man is one of my idols and has the
> most fabulous voice.

Yes he was riding pillion and has very serious head injuries.

> most fabulous voice.

Good morning domestos, sorry about Marc, I know you'll be gutted. Have you found out anything about it?

> Good morning domestos, sorry about Marc, I know you'll be gutted. Have you
> found out anything about it?
No,not yet.F***ing hell,you know how much I adore him,I am seriously in tears.shit....

> Here's the thing from the times, but it doesn't really say much more.....
Cheers,thats all I can find out at the moment.Bloody hell, what a start to the week.Think I'll go back to bed.......

> Cheers,thats all I can find out at the moment.Bloody hell, what a start to
> the week.Think I'll go back to bed.......

Why not try phoning up the hospital, pretend to be his wife Cherry, and ask how he's doing?

This was on the ITV website.....

http://www.itv.com/news/index_1051007.html

> most fabulous voice.

They just said on the news he was in 'stable' condition now, so looks like he's out of the woods.

> most fabulous voice.

He's now in "stable" condition

Marc Almond 'stable' after crash
Monday, October 18, 2004 Posted: 1316 GMT (2116 HKT)

Recently, Almond has mainly recorded as a solo artist.

LONDON, England -- British pop singer Marc Almond, best known for the song "Tainted Love" -- a global hit for his band Soft Cell in 1981 -- is fighting for his life after a motorbike crash.

Almond, 48, was riding as pillion passenger on the bike when it was involved in an accident with a car on Sunday afternoon in central London's financial district.

Almond suffered severe head injuries and the motorbike driver was also badly hurt, police said on Monday.

Both Almond and the rider, who also suffered severe injuries, are being treated at The Royal London Hospital but Almond's condition, which was initially described as "critical," had improved by Monday afternoon, according to the hospital.

A hospital spokesman told the UK's Press Association: "Barts and The London NHS Trust can confirm that Marc Almond is a patient at The Royal London Hospital and is in a stable condition.

"His family request that his and their privacy is respected at this time."

City of London Police are investigating the collision, which they described as "serious."

American crooner Gene Pitney, whose duet with Almond of his song "Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart" was a hit in 1990, paid tribute to the Almond's "tremendous talent."

In a message to the singer, Pitney said: "I just heard the good news that they said you were in a stable condition which is terrific.

"I just want you to get out of there and get back to what you do great.

"You are a tremendous talent. And stay off motorcycles!" his statement to Independent Radio News said.

"Tainted Love", a cover version of a 1964 song by soul singer Gloria Jones, was the biggest hit for synthesizer duo Soft Cell, becoming the top selling single of 1981 in Britain, also remaining an astonishing 43 weeks in the U.S. pop charts.

In 2002 the duo released a brand new album, "Cruelty Without Beauty," which was followed by a tour of Britain, Europe and America.

The single "The Night," taken from the new album, was a top 40 hit in the UK.

Almond has since gone on to develop a side career as a DJ, playing electro and electro-clash.

Soft Cell sold in excess of 10 million records worldwide in their heyday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/18/almond.crash/index.html

Re: The poor, poor man! I hope he gets better! moter-bikes are not nice are they!!!!!

He is married? What can I do, what cna i say...you'll never know the ways. wish him well.

He is married? What can I do, what cna i say...you'll never know the ways. wish him well.

> They just said on the news he was in 'stable' condition now, so looks like
> he's out of the woods.
Cheers,lets hope so,eh?

Re: The poor, poor man! I hope he gets better! moter-bikes are not nice are they!!!!!

They most certainly aren't, Andy. The only bloke I ever really liked (in *that* way, apart from Moz of course) was always getting into scrapes on one. My nerves were all over the place. He tried to to get me on the back of it, but no bloody way. Now he's over in Iraq, getting shot at, so my nerves aren't much better.....

Re: He's in the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel

.....which I live within walking distance of. I have to go there tomorrow anyway - so I will ask a passing nurse for the latest!

I was born in that hospital, too (random thrilling trivia).

Re: He's in the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel

> .....which I live within walking distance of. I have to go there tomorrow
> anyway - so I will ask a passing nurse for the latest!

> I was born in that hospital, too (random thrilling trivia).
You're a doll.Will you please pass on anything you find out?I doubt I will hear much else here,cheers.

Back
Top Bottom