Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" covered by Bon Jovi

/btw, the best cover of "Hallelujah" is by John Cale

I agree - Cale's version is stunning. Bono did an interesting rendition too; he radically altered the arrangement & melody, which I'd usually find objectionable, but it's actually very good.

The worst cover of "Hallelujah": Nick Cave. He sounds like he's falling-down drunk and just doesn't give a damn. Doesn't work with this song, it just came off as disrespectful.

as i continue to say:

the song should have been retired the moment Jeff Buckley recorded his version.
now we will be continually subjected to progressively worse versions of it.

I was at "Beirut" last night and Mr.Beirut did a cover of it as an encore. He made a complete balls of it. I must agree with Currer Bell.

as i continue to say:

the song should have been retired the moment Jeff Buckley recorded his version.
now we will be continually subjected to progressively worse versions of it.

Well, yes, Jeff Buckley's version is and will in future be unsurpassed. KD Lang made a pretty bloody good go at it though.

Peter

"moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty."

how can someone with this tag line on every freakin' post be ripping on any band for any lyrics...

zoolander or not, it is painful to have to read that crap with every comment.

have a nice day...

"moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty."

how can someone with this tag line on every freakin' post be ripping on any band for any lyrics...

zoolander or not, it is painful to have to read that crap with every comment.

have a nice day...

f*** YOU! I've had a bad freakin day cuz the Moz show was cancelled, dont mess with me. I WILL CUT YOU!

you f***in bon jovi loving c***bag

Bon Jovi Sucks....

What's next...

Poison covers "Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys"????

Seriously, take the tight pants and the aquanet and go back to 1987 where you guys belong....

OHHHHHHHHHHH WE'RE HALFWAY THERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WOW!! I am stunned by the hatred the people on this site feel toward bon jovi. I am a huge fan of this band since the 80's. They have had their ups and downs but, overall the band has made some decent music since the 80's. Their version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is, yes, different from the original, but they made it their own. Nugz, you may not like their music, to each his own, but do you have to call someone who does like thier music a "c***bag" and threaten to cut them? You may hate the band, but the band is doing a lot to help people in this country. They are constantly giving to charities and building houses for people. They do not have to do any of that but they choose to do so. They take the money they make and give to others. The band continues to put on a great concert.... I suggest you go to one and feel all the positive energy that surrounds the fans and the band, but I am sure you would never do that. :) Bon Jovi has given lots to the state of New Jersey also, so to be embarrassed that they come from your state, I don't understand. I am just one of a million of bon jovi fans and I do like their version of "Hallelujah" and all their new music. I will continue to enjoy listening to them and you haters can enjoy whatever music you want to listen to. I was just astonished at the strong hate feelings toward a band that is not perfect, but willing to try new things and continually entertains their fans.

WOW!! I am stunned by the hatred the people on this site feel toward bon jovi. I am a huge fan of this band since the 80's. They have had their ups and downs but, overall the band has made some decent music since the 80's. Their version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is, yes, different from the original, but they made it their own. Nugz, you may not like their music, to each his own, but do you have to call someone who does like thier music a "c***bag" and threaten to cut them? You may hate the band, but the band is doing a lot to help people in this country. They are constantly giving to charities and building houses for people. They do not have to do any of that but they choose to do so. They take the money they make and give to others. The band continues to put on a great concert.... I suggest you go to one and feel all the positive energy that surrounds the fans and the band, but I am sure you would never do that. :) Bon Jovi has given lots to the state of New Jersey also, so to be embarrassed that they come from your state, I don't understand. I am just one of a million of bon jovi fans and I do like their version of "Hallelujah" and all their new music. I will continue to enjoy listening to them and you haters can enjoy whatever music you want to listen to. I was just astonished at the strong hate feelings toward a band that is not perfect, but willing to try new things and continually entertains their fans.

uhhh, who are you and did you really just join this site to defend bon jovi and revive a 9 month old thread?!!

Yes, nugz, believe it or not, when I came across this site and read what people were writing about Bon Jovi I had to join just to defend them. That is the kind of fan I am. Sorry, I didn't realize that this was a 9 month old thread and I was stirring up old news. In the Bon Jovi world this really isn't old news. Fans are begging for the band to release their version of Hallelujah. and that may just happen. So, in the future you haters may have more threads to bash bon jovi. :) I just had to throw in a positive message for the band. ;) As far as who I am, well I am nobody of any importance, just living my life enjoying Bon Jovi music.

Yes, nugz, believe it or not, when I came across this site and read what people were writing about Bon Jovi I had to join just to defend them. That is the kind of fan I am. Sorry, I didn't realize that this was a 9 month old thread and I was stirring up old news. In the Bon Jovi world this really isn't old news. Fans are begging for the band to release their version of Hallelujah. and that may just happen. So, in the future you haters may have more threads to bash bon jovi. :) I just had to throw in a positive message for the band. ;) As far as who I am, well I am nobody of any importance, just living my life enjoying Bon Jovi music.

Are you Jon Corzine?

dd_dshsamboradui611285x213.jpg

Sambora Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI

Bon Jovi rocker Richie Sambora has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Sambora was pulled over by police in Laguna Beach, Calif., late on Tuesday after they observed him driving erratically, according to TMZ.com. Sambora reportedly failed numerous field sobriety tests and was detained for DUI.

The musician was admitted to rehab last year following a battle with alcoholism, which, among other factors, was sparked by his deteriorating marriage to actress Heather Locklear and the ailing health of his dad.

He spent a stint at celebrity rehab facility the Cirque Lodge in Utah months after completing a detox at the UCLA Medical Center.

omg, he looks 90 years old in that picture!!!

Yea, not too much I can say about Richie....... but his court date isn't until May 5th, so at least he won't be in jail when I am going to see the band in Vegas on April 12th!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom