Johnny Marr's lyrics

Johnny's playing a free festival in my country. That's pretty cool.

Apart from a couple of dodgy hotel rooms and one public bench there's no accomodation whatsoever in that city. That's pretty rock 'n' roll. (for the visitors)

I'm too old for r'n'r stuff but I have to say, for Johnny I might still do something loopy, like travel and stay awake. :D Chances are I won't, but anyway, isn't he mucho sweet?

I agree with you.
The lyrics are generally dire (some exceptions) and his singing is just bland.
I am also surprised at how weak the music is, too, having bought both albums.
There are a handful of great songs, though, and I'm glad he's doing this rather than being an extra guitarist with some indie band or other.
Always worth seeing live as you get that blend of Smiths, solo and Electronic. Good luck to the fella!

I also agree with you guys and with the poster who said JM is a press darling and gets an easy ride, unlike Morrissey who is many times unfairly criticized.

Saw JM once, it was OK. I'm not terribly impressed by his new songs but it's always lovely to hear him play smiths songs- and he is a wonderful guitar player. However, I truly dislike his singing .
Those words written by Morrissey, as fantastic as they are, become something else when Moz (and only Moz) sings them. And that is very special and the reason we are all still here ;)

Johnny's playing a free festival in my country. That's pretty cool.

Apart from a couple of dodgy hotel rooms and one public bench there's no accomodation whatsoever in that city. That's pretty rock 'n' roll. (for the visitors)

I'm too old for r'n'r stuff but I have to say, for Johnny I might still do something loopy, like travel and stay awake. :D Chances are I won't, but anyway, isn't he mucho sweet?

that is pretty neat hes playing a free show. if you do get loopy have fun

Back
Top Bottom