Johnny Marr at PJ Harvey concert Manchester (October 3, 2023)

would be cool if he co-wrote with Harvey.
She’s an interesting artist, it just might inspire and push Johnny to write some great music again.
It’s been too long.

I went to PJ Harvey gig at the Camden Roundhouse on Friday night. What a concert. Spellbinding. If you get the chance to witness these special nights make sure you do. I believe PJ and the band are touring Europe in October. These are what concerts can be.

should say ‘BORE OF THE WEEK’
I have been a huge critic of Johnny on here, but his new song is better than anything on the 2 unreleased albums by Morrissey. Has it escaped you that Johnny can get a contract and get his music released and Morrissey cannot? Maybe that is because as much as I really did not like anything on Johnny's double album, I think it was miles better than any of the sloppy, moronic and paranoid garbage Morrissey has tried to release and he can't find anyone willing to deal with him. And it's not because he is some sort of misunderstood genius, Fiona, it's because he is hateful, bitter, vindictive and not worth the trouble. He is still canceling and Johnny actually shows up, unless a flight is canceled and his guitars are lost. Marr has upped his game and it shows. Morrissey remains on his downward spiral.

Last edited:
Some nice press for JM + PJ

Hope this sparks a collaboration. Johnny can use a spark to start that old fire up again.

Johnny seems to have a fun old life, guesting with whichever artists happen to be passing through Manchester or London. I can see how this is preferable to being chained to Morrissey's side 24/7.

Seems to have gone down well.
I like his music but it needs something more and that's a fresh voice to change things around, that's when he's at his best, when he has to adapt to someone else.

I have been a huge critic of Johnny on here, but his new song is better than anything on the 2 unreleased albums by Morrissey. Has it escaped you that Johnny can get a contract and get his music released and Morrissey cannot? Maybe that is because as much as I really did not like anything on Johnny's double album, I think it was miles better than any of the sloppy, moronic and paranoid garbage Morrissey has tried to release and he can't find anyone willing to deal with him. And it's not because he is some sort of misunderstood genius, Fiona, it's because he is hateful, bitter, vindictive and not worth the trouble. He is still canceling and Johnny actually shows up, unless a flight is canceled and his guitars are lost. Marr has upped his game and it shows. Morrissey remains on his downward spiral.
I wonder if Morrissey needs the money or why on earth is he touring. He does not seem to enjoy it or put very much into it. He plays the same subpar setlists with very little variety and will bail on a gig in a flash. He could have just released Notre Dame and Bonfire as B sides like he so often does. Not sure what he sees in Miley Cyrus. The last girl that guested on his record said she was duped and paid $500 bucks. He does not seem to enjoy the long haul flights that touring demands and he probably deep down might even dislike fans. Maybe the big difference here is Marr is a musician he has a family and plays with other people and musicians and seems to avoid politics and / or controversy. People can watch Fox news all day, but it is nice to forget about that stuff for while, escape from it, throw on an LP, turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream as opposed to someone going on about dead children and teenagers being roasted in a bonfire. To each his own.

I wonder if Morrissey needs the money or why on earth is he touring. He does not seem to enjoy it or put very much into it. He plays the same subpar setlists with very little variety and will bail on a gig in a flash. He could have just released Notre Dame and Bonfire as B sides like he so often does. Not sure what he sees in Miley Cyrus. The last girl that guested on his record said she was duped and paid $500 bucks. He does not seem to enjoy the long haul flights that touring demands and he probably deep down might even dislike fans. Maybe the big difference here is Marr is a musician he has a family and plays with other people and musicians and seems to avoid politics and / or controversy. People can watch Fox news all day, but it is nice to forget about that stuff for while, escape from it, throw on an LP, turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream as opposed to someone going on about dead children and teenagers being roasted in a bonfire. To each his own.
Sounds like Morrissey isn't for you.

Sounds like Morrissey isn't for you.
Quite the opposite he is one of a kind and has made some extraordinary music. It is easy to forget that Morrissey came up with all the vocal melody of the Smiths music you take that away and you have a brilliant 3 piece band with no vocal melody.

Seems to have gone down well.
I like his music but it needs something more and that's a fresh voice to change things around, that's when he's at his best, when he has to adapt to someone else.

(y) Exactly. Even though he didn’t really co-write with Matt Johnson (one song I believe?) a front person like Matt really brought out something in Johnny we haven’t heard since, and I don’t think we even need to go into his pinnacle work he did in The Smiths.

Well it's the old chestnut about what equals song writing, there's a fair few tracks that he came up with the guitar parts and doesn't get a credit.

As Noel Gallagher said, Marr turns up, does his thing and makes it look ridiculously easy. But yeah a proper partnership with someone who has a strong vision is the main thing he's missing.

Maybe 'cos he's old, and not as fit as he was... I read an item online about a 65 year old knocked down by a car, and one imagined an old codger with a walking stick, then I remembered Moz, Weller, Siouxsie are all that age.

Stop watching the news
Because the news contrives to frighten you

Never heard of CIA (psy)ops MKULTRA and CHAOS? Moz ain't, he believes the shit they put in the news. Press ain't free, just owned by the same fascist elite that owns 99% of the world's wealth and media.

Back
Top Bottom