hypotheical UK travel question

H

Harsh Truth

my sister, who lives in London, just announced yesterday she is marrying her fiance on April 22 and I'm considering coming over from the US for the wedding.

The timing is VERY intersting with the Moz Tour....

How would one most efficently get from Heathrow to Llandudno, then to Leeds, the back to London?

I have lots of family in the Cardiff area, but thats not going to do me much good as the Wales show is up North.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks.

London to Llandudno, 5.5 hours by car. Trains maybe the best bet.

hypotheical UK travel answer

Well, you could fly from Heathrow to Manchester or Liverpool and then catch a train to Llandudno, but to be honest, by the time you have got to Heathrow, got on the plane, got off, got to centre of Manchester / Liverpool to catch the Llandudno train, you may as well just get a train to Llandudno from London (the Holyhead train). Or National Express (our version of Greyhound!)
Then the train / coach to Leeds (via Manchester) and then return Leeds to London via train or coach.
Without a doubt coach is cheaper but as I said, it will take a bit longer!
Good luck!

The Goat

Re: hypotheical UK travel answer

Thanks - I think what I'd do if (if...) this were to happen would be to fly into Manchester (we have a nonstop from Boston,) then train to the Llandudno & Leeds shows (assuming I can get tickets somehow, which I would obviously confirm before buying any travel fare,) then train to London for the family stuff, and fly home from there.

See what an hour of web surfing on a day off from work can do!

Thanks again.

>Well, you could fly from Heathrow to Manchester or Liverpool and then
> catch a train to Llandudno, but to be honest, by the time you have got to
> Heathrow, got on the plane, got off, got to centre of Manchester /
> Liverpool to catch the Llandudno train, you may as well just get a train
> to Llandudno from London (the Holyhead train). Or National Express (our
> version of Greyhound!)
> Then the train / coach to Leeds (via Manchester) and then return Leeds to
> London via train or coach.
> Without a doubt coach is cheaper but as I said, it will take a bit longer!
> Good luck!

> The Goat

Re: hypotheical UK travel answer

No problem at all
Good luck with the tickets!
The Goat

Back
Top Bottom