help with torrents

scj1

Hello everyone.

I know its probably really simple but can someone tell me how to watch a torrent file once you've downloaded one.

Erm, is the file you have a torrent file? Or have you used a bit torrent program to open the torrent file and download the actually movie?

If all you've done is get the .torrent file then you still need to download the file you want to watch.

I've downloaded the canal french tv performance from smithstorrents its downloaded 100% i just don't know how to watch it as you can probably tell i'm not that good with computers. Thanks in advance.

I've downloaded the canal french tv performance from smithstorrents its downloaded 100% i just don't know how to watch it as you can probably tell i'm not that good with computers. Thanks in advance.

Well, first you should make sure you know where the actual file was downloaded to. If you tell me which BitTorrent program you are using I'll tell you how to check it. Then, you have to look at the file's extension. You might need a codec to play it.

Hi davdavon.
i downloaded it on utorrent is that a bitTorrent program i don't know and i don't know to look at the file extension. Sorry for being so thick.

Hi davdavon.
i downloaded it on utorrent is that a bitTorrent program i don't know and i don't know to look at the file extension. Sorry for being so thick.

You're not thick, no one knows everything from the start. Open [SIZE=-1]µTorrent, press Ctrl-P, go to Downloads, and look at the name of the directory that is specified under "Put new downloads in". Go to that directory and you'll find the file there. Try double-clicking it. If it doesn't play, you probably need a codec. Tell me the file's full name and we'll try to figure it out.[/SIZE]

On utorrent the file name reads morrissey_24_08_2006.img if thats any use.
I've tried double-clicking but nothing happens. Sorry i can't give you more info but i really don't know what i'm looking at.Your time and help is very much appreciated. Its like trying to direct a blind man over the phone ha ha.

I believe .img mean's it's a disc image. Which mean's you'll have to either burn it onto a DVD or use your PC's DVD playing software to open the file. Or get Daemon tools to read the image and fool the PC into thinking you've put a DVD in the drive.

torrents are a pain in the arse !, took me 23 hours to download wembly 2006, and only 10 mins to put it on a dvd ! still im glad i did it . the thing wiv torrents is ,once you worked it out is , put it on wen u get home from work/school etc, and dont even think about it till you come home the next day, i used bitlord to do mine , iv one more i want to down load and thats it !

I had the same trouble after i had downloaded the file. I couldn`t find a codec or any help on google to try and solve the problem. In the end i used super encoder from www.erightsoft.com to change the file to a avi and it worked fine. Even Morrissey-solo gets a name drop on the credits.

Back
Top Bottom