GOD, I HATE AMERICANS SO MUCH

S

SalmonThighs

Have you seen the comments on the Manchester Online site in relation to Morrissey wishing death upon Bush? All these bloody f***ing yanks saying things including "Morrissey will go to hell, by the one true God" and "how dare he attack the leader of the beautiful land of dreams"... DIE, YOU IGNORANT f***ING TWATS... IGNORANT, RIGHT WING, PATRIOTIC, ILL INFORMED, ILL EDUCATED, CLOSED MINDED, ETHNOCENTRIC, NEVER-LEFT-THEIR-OWN-COUNTRY, XENOPHOBIC, SWALLOW ALL THAT THE CORRUPTED AMERICAN RIGHT WING PRESS SAYS, CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTALIST *F*U*C*K*S*

I know, I know, someone is going to tell me it's not all Americans... but it's enough of them to make a generalisation acceptable...

> Have you seen the comments on the Manchester Online site in relation to
> Morrissey wishing death upon Bush? All these bloody f***ing yanks saying
> things including "Morrissey will go to hell, by the one true
> God" and "how dare he attack the leader of the beautiful land of
> dreams"... DIE, YOU IGNORANT f***ING TWATS... IGNORANT, RIGHT WING,
> PATRIOTIC, ILL INFORMED, ILL EDUCATED, CLOSED MINDED, ETHNOCENTRIC,
> NEVER-LEFT-THEIR-OWN-COUNTRY, XENOPHOBIC, SWALLOW ALL THAT THE CORRUPTED
> AMERICAN RIGHT WING PRESS SAYS, CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTALIST *F*U*C*K*S*

> I know, I know, someone is going to tell me it's not all Americans... but
> it's enough of them to make a generalisation acceptable...

I agree with you in principle, but I have a question. What are "Salmon Thighs"? Just curious.

> I agree with you in principle, but I have a question. What are
> "Salmon Thighs"? Just curious.

I genuinely don't know. For some reason it was the first random thing that came into my head...

Re: no fears, SwollenThighs, we hate you too

Typical bloody american response.. "we" hate you too.. ahh yes, "all of us great americans together"... people like you are a big problem for the few normal americans who exist, because you continually insist on bracketing everyone together: in other words, you demonstrate how it is idiot american f***s who ar responsible for all the generalisations about americans that normal americans complain about

point taken...

I can't say I blame you. I like living in America, but I hate being an American. The most outspoken of Americans are always the most ignorant close-minded ones. It gives all of us a bad wrap. On the bright side, I've never met someone my age (24) who is a right-wing conservative bastard. It could just be the circles I travel in, but it still gives me hope that we can put this crap behind us in my lifetime.
My own government scares me sometimes, and so do the people who elect them. Until I left this country to study abroad, I had no idea what was going on in the outside world. But I realized how sheltered the American media makes us. I only get local news...i have to go out of my way to find world news. This scares me.

Re: point taken...

> Until I left this country to study abroad

Ahh..that makes sense. I was reading your post thinking there was no way you were an American and if you were, you couldn't have lived there your whole life, just by the way you spoke. I think it should be mandatory that every American step outside of the U.S for awhile to see what's really going on in the world around them. It's true -- they are EXTREMELY sheltered, and they're so hostile when you tell them so because they don't see what the rest of the world sees. I've never understood that.

Where abouts did you study?

Thanks for your post. It's refreshing to hear someone speak that doesn't have blinders on and has an open mind.

And I'd just like to add, I don't hate ALL Americans, just the ignorant ones. I have quite a few American friends. 2 of them are actually flying here from California on the 19th - the 24th to stay with me. They've never been to Canada but I bet they won't want to leave when they get here. It won't be the first time that has happened.

don't hate it. aspire to be what america, flawed though it is, hoped it could be. you are in the majority, despite what the loud-mouthed ones say. despite those who profess to be christian who jesus would never recognize.

ST,

We're working on getting our tyrant out of office.

Maybe you could help do the same to yours.

-C

I think it should be mandatory that
> every American step outside of the U.S for awhile to see what's really
> going on in the world around them. It's true -- they are EXTREMELY
> sheltered, and they're so hostile when you tell them so because they don't
> see what the rest of the world sees. I've never understood that.

I'm all for that. I was in Bermuda for a week, and I'm willing to go back.

Thanks for the kind words...I don't see that much on this board. I studied in England...Lancaster University for a semester. I wanted to stay longer (forever?) but money was an issue.

Re: no fears, SwollenThighs, we hate you too

> Typical bloody american response.. "we" hate you too.. ahh yes,
> "all of us great americans together"... people like you are a
> big problem for the few normal americans who exist, because you
> continually insist on bracketing everyone together: in other words, you
> demonstrate how it is idiot american f***s who ar responsible for all the
> generalisations about americans that normal americans complain about

SalmonThighs.... your comments make me sad. I assume you are British. Even as an American for all of my 32 years, I can't really say your sentiments are completely out of line, even if you expressed them a bit harshly. I know what you're driving at, and it is a very real issue with my country.

I do believe it is *more* of an issue in the South, where the Bible Belt lies and where people tend to be just (generally) a bit more religious, less educated, and more patriotic (even if this generalisation holds true less and less in the big cities like Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans, etc.)

You can truly rest assured not all Americans are like how you described. I know I am not. I view my country pretty much as an oversized, overfed 14 year old adolescent who has the body of a 25 year old bodybuilder, with England being the sage 40-something father. Too many people in this country just shout U-S-A! U-S-A! in support of ANYTHING the U.S. does, in a form of blind worship of their country.

I don't really know what the solution is, but I do find it disheartening that you've seen enough of what you described, that you can come out and slap such an absolute condemnations of Americans as a whole. I guess all I can do is remind you that less than 50% of all Americans who voted in 2000 actually preferred George Bush, and that many of us do understand the concerns of Western Europe insofar as American behaviour and unilateralism are concerned.

I love my country, and I think the U.S. (together with Britain) represent Goodness in the world. We're just a bit immature. We've only been around 225 years, and have a lot to learn about humility, experience, and tact.

Rest assured our aim is true, and that our wishes are quite similar to Britain's with respect to the world order. Just be patient with us as we don't have the experience and wisdom that you gents across the pond have. We'll get there.

-- J.T.

Back
Top Bottom