Fox hunting, bullfighting, slavery.

H

henry

Guest
Hello,

Is fox hunting big in England? Seems barbaric. Please don't get me wrong. Bowhunting is popular where I live. That's where they shoot at deer with a bow and arrow then track the blood trail to hopefully find a dead deer. Black slavery was a fine old tradition in America. When it ended many people were upset. Seems we can only hope that some traditions fade away. All I can do is to support my local SPCA, be kind to animals, and spoil to death my dogs and cats. I love a good steak. I'm glad that there are people and groups out there working for the humane treatment of animals.

Henry.
 
P

Peta Piper Picked etc

Guest
Re: Mozzer asked everyone who bought Quarry to join Peta
 
L

leaf

Guest
> Hello,

> Is fox hunting big in England? Seems barbaric. Please don't get me wrong.
> Bowhunting is popular where I live. That's where they shoot at deer with a
> bow and arrow then track the blood trail to hopefully find a dead deer.
> Black slavery was a fine old tradition in America. When it ended many
> people were upset. Seems we can only hope that some traditions fade away.
> All I can do is to support my local SPCA, be kind to animals, and spoil to
> death my dogs and cats. I love a good steak. I'm glad that there are
> people and groups out there working for the humane treatment of animals.

> Henry.
in order to be kind to animals. . .you don't eat them. you can't be kind to your slaves and call yourself a humanitarian or concerned. So you are no different than a fox hunter.
 
H

henry

Guest
> in order to be kind to animals. . .you don't eat them. you can't be kind
> to your slaves and call yourself a humanitarian or concerned. So you are
> no different than a fox hunter.
Hello,

Please. People eat meat.

Henry.
 
V

vegetarian asking henry

Guest
> Hello,

> Please. People eat meat.

> Henry.
ok. . .henry. i'll eat meat. no wait. . .what's the justification for eating meat? the reason why people should? please do tell and perhaps i'll start to eat it again.
 
B

broken

Guest
If you look at the evidence, there's no evidence that foxes suffer excessively during a hunt. The evidence shows the alternatives are far more barbaric. Foxes get shot and die over 3 or 4 days, succumbing to severe infections and bleeding to death, or developing gangrene. Farmers have to kill foxes to protect their sheep - you have two options, kill a few by hunting, and a few by shooting, or you kill them all by shooting, and watch the numbers spiral.

So the "cruelty" argument doesn't really hold water. In fact, you could argue it's actually less cruel, and when you figure in the thousands of jobs, the tradition, and the basic right human beings should have to exercise their own moral judgement, it's clear cut. Oppose fox hunting by all means, but you should also oppose those who seek to ban it. What next? Fishing to be banned? Eating meat to be banned?

> Hello,

> Is fox hunting big in England? Seems barbaric. Please don't get me wrong.
> Bowhunting is popular where I live. That's where they shoot at deer with a
> bow and arrow then track the blood trail to hopefully find a dead deer.
> Black slavery was a fine old tradition in America. When it ended many
> people were upset. Seems we can only hope that some traditions fade away.
> All I can do is to support my local SPCA, be kind to animals, and spoil to
> death my dogs and cats. I love a good steak. I'm glad that there are
> people and groups out there working for the humane treatment of animals.

> Henry.
 
R

rich

Guest
> If you look at the evidence, there's no evidence that foxes suffer
> excessively during a hunt. The evidence shows the alternatives are far
> more barbaric. Foxes get shot and die over 3 or 4 days, succumbing to
> severe infections and bleeding to death, or developing gangrene. Farmers
> have to kill foxes to protect their sheep - you have two options, kill a
> few by hunting, and a few by shooting, or you kill them all by shooting,
> and watch the numbers spiral.

> So the "cruelty" argument doesn't really hold water. In fact,
> you could argue it's actually less cruel, and when you figure in the
> thousands of jobs, the tradition, and the basic right human beings should
> have to exercise their own moral judgement, it's clear cut. Oppose fox
> hunting by all means, but you should also oppose those who seek to ban it.
> What next? Fishing to be banned? Eating meat to be banned?

yeah eating meat should be banned. . .it's bad for the environment, bad for the health and bad for the animals. First fase should be to heavily tax meat except in far north climates in which conditions or too harsh to grow food or to easily import fresh foods. The arguement of banning meat is huge. I have a few right ups on it, fact, and etc on why meat and everything about is bad in so many different ways. would you like for me to post it? i was yelled before on a morrissey board for posting stuff that doesn;t have to do with morrissey. but i think Morrissey would think otherwise.
 
B

broken

Guest
Rich however powerful your arguments are for not eating meat, that's great and by all means post them. But your arguments should be about discouraging eat meating bydebate and winning the argument, not by abusing the law to deprive people of choice. We could live in a society where meat eating is banned, where religions are banned, where certain political parties are banned, where free speech is banned, and would that be a good thing? Of course it wouldn't. How about those people who want to ban homosexuality and who want to send AIDS victims to an island in the Pacific? Do we listen to their "arguments" too? I think you have to realise this is about freedom. It's a very asinine argument to say, "this is bad so let's criminalise it" - why not say "this is bad, so let's argue our case and win over people by winning the argument?" You should be thinking about persuading individuals and making them want to agree with you so strongly that they follow you.

> yeah eating meat should be banned. . .it's bad for the environment, bad
> for the health and bad for the animals. First fase should be to heavily
> tax meat except in far north climates in which conditions or too harsh to
> grow food or to easily import fresh foods. The arguement of banning meat
> is huge. I have a few right ups on it, fact, and etc on why meat and
> everything about is bad in so many different ways. would you like for me
> to post it? i was yelled before on a morrissey board for posting stuff
> that doesn;t have to do with morrissey. but i think Morrissey would think
> otherwise.
 
R

rich

Guest
> Rich however powerful your arguments are for not eating meat, that's great
> and by all means post them. But your arguments should be about
> discouraging eat meating bydebate and winning the argument, not by abusing
> the law to deprive people of choice. We could live in a society where meat
> eating is banned, where religions are banned, where certain political
> parties are banned, where free speech is banned, and would that be a good
> thing? Of course it wouldn't. How about those people who want to ban
> homosexuality and who want to send AIDS victims to an island in the
> Pacific? Do we listen to their "arguments" too? I think you have
> to realise this is about freedom. It's a very asinine argument to say,
> "this is bad so let's criminalise it" - why not say "this
> is bad, so let's argue our case and win over people by winning the
> argument?" You should be thinking about persuading individuals and
> making them want to agree with you so strongly that they follow you.

so i guess you are bummed that killing humans is already against the law (well except in war). Damn they took away our choice.

banning hunting or meat wouldn't be about taking away freedom. trying to link it to some kind of domino effect which ultimately would lead to no freedom of speech and the banning of homosxuality is pathetic and an easy way out in trying to win an argument. It's what Bush tries to do when he links terrorism to every agenda he tries to push. It's what religious right do when they say allowign gay marriage will lead to beastiality and incest. Meat is murder. It's the taking of a life, not an expression of freedom. although you are 'free' to take it at this time.
 
R

rich

Guest
> so i guess you are bummed that killing humans is already against the law
> (well except in war). Damn they took away our choice.

> banning hunting or meat wouldn't be about taking away freedom. trying to
> link it to some kind of domino effect which ultimately would lead to no
> freedom of speech and the banning of homosxuality is pathetic and an easy
> way out in trying to win an argument. It's what Bush tries to do when he
> links terrorism to every agenda he tries to push. It's what religious
> right do when they say allowign gay marriage will lead to beastiality and
> incest. Meat is murder. It's the taking of a life, not an expression of
> freedom. although you are 'free' to take it at this time.
and when i say it should be banned, obviously it has to be backed with great support from the public.
 
B

broken

Guest
grow up rich.

> and when i say it should be banned, obviously it has to be backed with
> great support from the public.
 
B

broken

Guest
lol. . .like. . . read or book or two eh mate?

> lol. . .i guess i won.
 
R

rich

Guest
> lol. . .like. . . read or book or two eh mate?

i have. . .and more. . .on this very subject. what do you think of that mate. your attempts at attacking me now and avoiding our topic shows you haven't read a book or two. "grow up Rich" and "like. . .read a book or two eh mate." I mean come on. This is how elementary school playground debates end. OK ok. you have no motivation but your love of meat. I guess that's enough. i have a love of animals, people, and environment. That's my motivation. And freedom too. Freedom for all--including animals. Meat is oppression, exact opposite of freedom (to link back to your initial argument).

But anyways. you have nothing more to say except personal attacks, so this debate is over.
 
H

henry

Guest
> ok. . .henry. i'll eat meat. no wait. . .what's the justification for
> eating meat? the reason why people should? please do tell and perhaps i'll
> start to eat it again.
Hello,

People eat meat - always have and always will. It tastes good. Let's work to assure that we raise meat humanely. Sincerely,

Henry.
 
Top Bottom