FAO Math Tinder

V

Vainessa

It was nice meeting you at the Tulsa show. Quick question...are you going to any of the upcoming shows? When he tours the US, do you try to go to as many shows as possible? Sorry for the questions, I am thinking about taking a couple of weeks off work to go to as many shows as I can. Need some input from someone who has done this before!

Thanks for the "boost" offer at the show.

Hey there! Nice to speak to you again! No, I can't make it to any of the European dates, but when he tours the U.S. in the fall, I'll be at several, for sure. I do try to go to as many dates as I can, yes, though I can't follow him around for long stretches or anything. I'll go to as many NYC-area gigs as I can, since that's where I live; I'll probably try to synch a visit to L.A. with the tour so I can catch him at least once there; and maybe I'll get the random opportunity to see him in an unusual place, which is what happened with the Oklahoma dates - just sudden luck with my schedule and funds. (I suddenly realized it was possible, then flew the next day.)

For sure, I am always game to boost any fan that I can (help) lift, so the offer surely stands if our paths cross at future shows.

love, math+

ps- email me anytime at math at beltyourpleasure dot com

Math, I have attended many shows in the US. I've never seen you! How many shows have you been to? What was your fist show?

> Math, I have attended many shows in the US. I've never seen you! How many
> shows have you been to? What was your fist show?

Oh, I haven't been to very many. I became a fan in about 2001, during the Great Morrissey Drought. Although I'm from L.A., when he toured some states in the American West in 2002, I was in school in New York and couldn't go. My first show was in April 2004 (22 April I think), at the third show on the Quarry tour, the first of the truly incredible five-night string at the Wiltern in L.A. (Seriously, there was no turning back after that.) Total, I've now been to 10, 8 shows on the Quarry tour (all in so. Cal), plus Tulsa and Oklahoma City this tour. I hope to be able to see him about 8 times total on this tour too. Been budgeting for it since I heard the album!! Fortunately us Americans have a bit more time to plan!

love, math+

ps- if you want, send me an email at math at beltyourpleasure dot com and i'll send you my photo, you can say hello if our paths cross at any future gigs

er

If you know you haven't seen me, presumably you've already seen my photo, nevermind!

Back
Top Bottom