Does anybody remember?

Re: Does Anybody Remember...

And Morrissey, who mocks other "celebrities" relentlessly for their stupidity/lack of talent/money/eating habits/whatever and trivialises mass murder, isn't? :lbf:

He left school in 1976. He's had nearly 40 years to fill any gaps in his education but has chosen not to. Because he's lazy and as thick as pig shit. And yes, he can certainly dish it out but anyone mocking his failings is 'mean'.

best
BB

He often mispronounces words intentionally. He plays with words deliberately all the time. Who is to say he doesn't do many mispronunciations on purpose.

If that's the case he wouldn't have written a song called "Because Of My Poor Education" which I assume is about his social phobia about mixing with Stephen Fry types. Another classic example of the Cult finding some complex, mysterious excuse rather than just face the fact that Morrissey is sometimes as thick as two short planks. Actually, hasn't he just returned TWIFOCB to the set-list? Which would seem to suggest he's still as delusional about his imagined superiority to other pop stars as he ever was.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

He never made a deal out of the fact that he had no education. So what is the point. It doesn't come from nowhere that he enjoyed Oscar Wilde because he was 'readable' and that he never wanted to provide lyrics which are abstract but rather passionate and relatable. He also was always obsessed with words in itself. He often talked about searching for the meaning of certain words he didn't understand. I don't think this is shameful. Everything in life is a learning process. I actually find it quite endearing and everyone else who is constantly repulsed by false grammar is a snob in my world.

He wrote 'Because Of My Poor Education' you fool. And how could using a dictionary to search for the meaning of words possibly be 'shameful'? Morrissey is the snob. He puts down other pop stars as 'thick as pig shit' having no 'intelligence' when he's often completely dense himself.

best
BB

"delusional about his imagined superiority"...pot...kettle...

And Morrissey, who mocks other "celebrities" relentlessly for their stupidity/lack of talent/money/eating habits/whatever and trivialises mass murder, isn't? :lbf:

Pronouncing words incorrectly is entirely in keeping with someone who reads a lot, but doesn't actually engage in conversation with other human beings.

He often mispronounces words intentionally. He plays with words deliberately all the time. Who is to say he doesn't do many mispronunciations on purpose.

All good points. I just see him as shifting from fighty guy to means-no-harm guy which are COMPLETELY different people, even to him in his head as he;s being him, but he's subjected to being mocked as a whole and I see his parts, so to speak. I can't explain it.

Morrissey is murder

All good points. I just see him as shifting from fighty guy to means-no-harm guy which are COMPLETELY different people, even to him in his head as he;s being him, but he's subjected to being mocked as a whole and I see his parts, so to speak. I can't explain it.

No, you can offer no rational explanation but cling the the shipwreck. But you can see chickens in photographs of a concert from Leeds? Is Morrissey 'chickening out' of walking the talk on animal rights, perhaps? Is it a protest by one of the chickens who appeared in the PETA video for 'Someday'? Returning to sadly ask Morrissey why he is STILL selling cheese, using bodily fluids of chicken's friends, the cows? Is his menu egg-free at his concerts?

best
BB

"Every year, dairy calves are orphaned, stuffed into severely crowded sheds, and trucked to slaughter.

"Someday," a new video created by PETA and animated by Anna Saunders, is scheduled to be featured on rock icon Morrissey's nationwide tour. The video takes viewers on a harrowing journey as they witness—through the eyes of one terrified bird—the realisation that Morrissey is STILL eating cheese and responsible for the deaths of chicken's friends, the new born dairy calves"

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a general remark:

There are many reasons why I like Morrissey but the most important reason for me is the fact that he was never afraid to acknowledge and explore his flaws in song as in interview and never presented himself as a perfect human being. This is hugely relatable because NOBODY actually is perfect, without exception and it would suite some people around here quite well to admit it for themselves. You could put everyone on this forum in the centre of a discussion and the same bile, now directed against Moz, would eventually emerge. At the end of the day everything is a matter of emotion and passion and nobody can deny that Moz has a huge amount of that. However, even in that regard many forget that people who are led by emotion will often stumble into situations which are anything but rational. There's no avoiding, really. And of course there are many emotions existing, some of which are quite naturally hard to acknowledge but are unevitably part of the human psyche. I'm pretty sure that Morrissey is very aware of the fact that sometimes he goes a bit far and that many of his reactions towards people can be viewed as unfair but I think he always went with the motto 'what I feel in a particular moment has to be voiced even though I know that it will sound quite crass because otherwise I would deceive myself'. Rage, envy, frustration ARE emotions. If you ask for someone who doesn't feel that way sometimes you are asking for a 'empty shell'. I don't want to see an artist on stage, night after night, without highs and lows. Occasional failure has it's beauty and, for me, doesn't necessarily make for a bad gig. If you are frustrated, show it. If you feel like shit, show it. If you are in a silly mood, good God, be silly. But be never a cold emotionless stone, ever. I for one get all this through Moz, his music and his shows and it will always be the most important aspect for me ... Sorry for being led by emotion!

...the time Morrissey misused the word "empirical" when he meant "imperial"? He was trying to be an angry public intellectual, or something, but he made a complete arse of himself cos he didn't know the meaning of some words. That was hilarious, wasn't it? He's a tool. I loved it.

we all make mistakes. how often do you DO something faulty? :)

personally, impression is he was tired and probably tensed or slightly drunk. as wide-known bigmouth he pronounced musically similar word. i've seen this even at great rhetoricians.

my experience tells - those first in line with insults and judging about someone's poor education are persons who have great holes in theirs but are unable to see and weak to admit. this is mine.

Just a general remark:

There are many reasons why I like Morrissey but the most important reason for me is the fact that he was never afraid to acknowledge and explore his flaws in song as in interview and never presented himself as a perfect human being. This is hugely relatable because NOBODY actually is perfect, without exception and it would suite some people around here quite well to admit it for themselves. You could put everyone on this forum in the centre of a discussion and the same bile, now directed against Moz, would eventually emerge. At the end of the day everything is a matter of emotion and passion and nobody can deny that Moz has a huge amount of that. However, even in that regard many forget that people who are led by emotion will often stumble into situations which are anything but rational. There's no avoiding, really. And of course there are many emotions existing, some of which are quite naturally hard to acknowledge but are unevitably part of the human psyche. I'm pretty sure that Morrissey is very aware of the fact that sometimes he goes a bit far and that many of his reactions towards people can be viewed as unfair but I think he always went with the motto 'what I feel in a particular moment has to be voiced even though I know that it will sound quite crass because otherwise I would deceive myself'. Rage, envy, frustration ARE emotions. If you ask for someone who doesn't feel that way sometimes you are asking for a 'empty shell'. I don't want to see an artist on stage, night after night, without highs and lows. Occasional failure has it's beauty and, for me, doesn't necessarily make for a bad gig. If you are frustrated, show it. If you feel like shit, show it. If you are in a silly mood, good God, be silly. But be never a cold emotionless stone, ever. I for one get all this through Moz, his music and his shows and it will always be the most important aspect for me ... Sorry for being led by emotion!

Nobody is perfect but few people have the arrogance and stupidity to raise their arbitrary dietary choices to the pinnacle of virtue whilst accusing others of 'murder', when there is no difference between eating meat and cheese. None.

When has Morrissey become aware of 'going too far'? Over his comments about the Norwegian massacre? Descending into racist language to stigmatise the entire Chinese nations as a 'sub-species'? He has NEVER apologised for his incontinent potty-mouted outbursts. Yes, his onstage meltdowns are often fascinating to observe, but people used to go to mental asylums to watch people act out their inner demons. What's the difference beyond a pretty voice?

best
BB

RE: BUMMIE BOY

YOU accuse people constantly of everything but, guess what, it's quite save for you to do so because nobody can call you out on it and say that you yourself don't live up to it because you DON'T SHOW YOURSELF. We don't know who or what you are, we don't follow you around in your daily life etc. And I'm quite bored by the very childish reply "But Morrissey has the right to say such things, so it is my right as well". Since you are so perfect, the right solution would be to say "I don't like such behaviour, so I don't behave like that myself." Regarding part two of your drivel let us look at what Morrissey has to say on the subject "The mouth speaks first, and then thirty seconds later the brain catches up with whatever it is I've just said." A personality trait which Morrissey shares with many poeple on this planet but nobody would care since they are anonymous.

That'll have to do. There is a gig to watch (And I'm glad it's not you I'm about to watch since it would mean that I have to lower myself into the undignified task of heckling ... challenging you with a piece of cheese, put right under your nose which surely would prompt you to deliver a thoughtful speech to make your position clear on the subject)

RE: BUMMIE BOY

YOU accuse people constantly of everything but, guess what, it's quite save for you to do so because nobody can call you out on it and say that you yourself don't live up to it because you DON'T SHOW YOURSELF. We don't know who or what you are, we don't follow you around in your daily life etc. And I'm quite bored by the very childish reply "But Morrissey has the right to say such things, so it is my right as well". Since you are so perfect, the right solution would be to say "I don't like such behaviour, so I don't behave like that myself." Regarding part two of your drivel let us look at what Morrissey has to say on the subject "The mouth speaks first, and then thirty seconds later the brain catches up with whatever it is I've just said." A personality trait which Morrissey shares with many poeple on this planet but nobody would care since they are anonymous.

That'll have to do. There is a gig to watch (And I'm glad it's not you I'm about to watch since it would mean that I have to lower myself into the undignified task of heckling ... challenging you with a piece of cheese, put right under your nose which surely would prompt you to deliver a thoughtful speech to make your position clear on the subject)

Either English is your second language or this is thoughtless babble. I do not stand on stage and accuse the vast majority of an audience of being guilty of murder for eating meat whilst eating cheese which is exactly as murderous. If you set yourself up as having the moral right to label others as guilty of 'murder' you can expect to be called out on your bullshit. Morrissey is a bullshitter. Deal with it.

best
BB

Back
Top Bottom