did Moz or the Smiths ever play "asleep" live?

i_alex

did Moz or the Smiths ever play "asleep" live?....another simple but crushing tune, in my opinion.

You wouldn't you adam and eve it but guess what the bootleg Asleep has on it?

A soundcheck performance of Asleep - very good too!

Reggie

Re: You wouldn't you adam and eve it but guess what the bootleg Asleep has on it?

Reggie Pepper said:
A soundcheck performance of Asleep - very good too!
Yes, a beautiful performance!

Anyone may download the mp3 here.

Last edited:
Re: You wouldn't you adam and eve it but guess what the bootleg Asleep has on it?

Codreanu said:

That's beautiful, thanks a lot. It says track 19, so which boot/compilation is this from?

Thanks again,

Peter

Uncleskinny said:
That's beautiful, thanks a lot. It says track 19, so which boot/compilation is this from?
It is from the television appearances and rare tracks bootleg Asleep.

Akiraware still has the entire compilation available for download. :)
http://www.akiraware.com/mp3asleep.php

Codreanu said:

It's always you! I've been wanting to hear a live-version of Asleep for years. But someone told me that such thing didn't exist. Thank you.

Slightly clutching at straws here but at the Birmingham NIA gig December 2004 he sang just a couple of lines from it between songs it reaction to the crowd singing his name:

"Sing to meeee,
Sing to meeee."

Was all.

EDIT - cheers Cod.

When I was hanging around outside Moz's venue in Salisbury in 1999 I heard a piano being played and the song was "Asleep". The consensus at the time was that it must've been Alain playing it. I didn't hear any vocal though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom