Dead Can Dance news and contest

The Seeker of Good Songs

Dead Can Dance News

Selections From North America, the North American Anthology has become our best-selling product ever and it ships the same day you order it. It looks just great, with gold metallic ink on white, but that's nothing compared to the sound quality and the performances. Check The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove from The Music Center at Strathmore in Washington DC on 10 October 2005. If you think it sounds good in a compressed mp3, wait until you hear the discs.
With the band and their audio engineers, we went through all the North American tour dates and selected the tracks that represent the very best performances and the highest sound quality. We remixed and re-mastered these into an anthology called Selections from North America, a two-disc set containing 21 amazing tracks.

A New Contest

Write an email to crew at theshowlive dot com with the phrase "How Fortunate" in the subject line. Tell us in 250 words or less about something that happened to you that had, or should have had, a DCD song as the soundtrack. We'll pick out five and publish them in a future newsletter. We'll send them on to Brendan and Lisa too and choose one of them at random to win the totally sold-out 3-LP signed and numbered vinyl set from Chicago and the other four will win the individual live performance disc-set of their choice.

http://www.dcddiscs.com/

I don't know if this really counts as news... everything being peddled here has been out for awhile now. "The Selections From North America" does sound good though; haven't listened to the "Live In Chicago" triple vinyl yet.

They need to improve the way they package their items for shipment. My vinyl came dinged on all 4 sides of the sleeve, and it took them 3 tries to send me a digipak without the trays being broken.

Mr lovegrove sounds fantastic. I didn't know this existed, i kinda lost touch with DCD when i thought they broke up. One of the most eclectic and under-rated group collectives out there.

I am very embarassed with DCD. This band is really a legend. But i saw them live twice in Europe last year (saw them 2 times before this tour too) and i was really disappointed. They almost sung all the music from "Towards the within" with nothing from the very beginning area. I would have die to listen to Xavier or Anywhere out of the world. Most of L Gerrard african songs made me yawn. I am really in love with Brendan Perry's voice (except Mr Lovegrove maybe) which sounds really like a father voice : mature, profound and mystic (sorry : that's how my father was).
I think the band cannot get back to a real mystical and creative involvement.
It's a shame.

Back
Top Bottom