Boxers 12''

loop77

Hi.
I've just received a copy of Boxers 12''.
It seems this copy has a manufacturing defect - about 2 cm of label "imbedded" on the record itself (middle of "Whatever happens"). Nevertheless it plays perfectly.

Does anyone know of a whole series like this? or is it just a standalone defect ?

Hi.
It seems this copy has a manufacturing defect - about 2 cm of label "imbedded" on the record itself (middle of "Whatever happens"). Nevertheless it plays perfectly.

Does anyone know of a whole series like this? or is it just a standalone defect ?
Never heard of that defect before. My 12 inch Vinyl doesn't have it.

I have the Sire USA CD single too but annoyingly they did not release this sleeve on 12 inch vinyl! It's one of his best for sure.

1701141357445.png

Ever since I heard of a few in existence of a Boxers 12" 4-track test pressing, adding Sunny as the fourth, I have longed for one. 4-8 exist and I know one person with one. Has anyone else seen one? Plain white labels and white sleeve.

Ever since I heard of a few in existence of a Boxers 12" 4-track test pressing, adding Sunny as the fourth, I have longed for one. 4-8 exist and I know one person with one. Has anyone else seen one? Plain white labels and white sleeve.
Would like to see and own one myself. One of the holy grails for me along with the 4 track Abbey Road Acetate of Boxers.

Hi.

It often happens when pressing vinyl but will usually only effect one or two in the run, if at all. The record, as you mentioned, will quite often play as normal.

Hi.

Wow, having a hard time picturing how it still plays perfectly. Unfortunately, when Boxers came out I was only purchasing CDs (although I did buy the "Hold Onto Your Friends" / "Moonriver" gatefold vinyl). Yeah, please post a pic if you can.

Back
Top Bottom