Attn: Theo and Proper-I have just gotten off the phone with Derek *very Important*

• Thread starter Let's Go Devils(and Yankees)
  • Start date
L

Let's Go Devils(and Yankees)

He just called me from the dugout(currently they are winning 0-4)and assured me the Yanks are going to take the AL East, wildcard is not an option for our Yanks. Just wanted to pass the good news on to you guys.;)
You should have seen the shirts I saw while in the heart of Red Sox country.Pure evil.

> He just called me from the dugout(currently they are winning 0-4)and
> assured me the Yanks are going to take the AL East, wildcard is not an
> option for our Yanks. Just wanted to pass the good news on to you guys.;)
> You should have seen the shirts I saw while in the heart of Red Sox
> country.Pure evil.

My dear, unless the Ynakees pitching holds up(which i doubt)? They'll be lucky to make the wild card, if they do? they get beat in the 1st rd.

> country.Pure evil.

I hope you had a fantasic vacation, Devils!

I'm very sorry to tell ya that the Indians have the edge in the Wild Card race.

OMG, Boston is losing to KC right now! We'll see if that holds.

The Yanks have an easy week right now, but things are gonna get tough for them.

I still hope both our teams can get i somehow, but as of now I must hope for the Yanks to lose each and every night. Sorry!!!!

> I hope you had a fantasic vacation, Devils!
It was great! Acadia National Park is amazing, 1000 feet on top of a mountain overlooking the ocean. Also we went White Water Rafting twice and lobster!! I'll have some pics up in a bit. I woke up one morning and thought it was snowing, it was wild turkeys shaking their feathers outside the window!Did bring my board but the water temp in boothbay was a balmy 52 degrees. The water was crystal clear. The people up there are seriously out of a Steven King novel though.
> I'm very sorry to tell ya that the Indians have the edge in the Wild Card
> race.

> OMG, Boston is losing to KC right now! We'll see if that holds.

> The Yanks have an easy week right now, but things are gonna get tough for
> them.
We have 6 games against Boston including the last series of the year.

> I still hope both our teams can get i somehow, but as of now I must hope
> for the Yanks to lose each and every night. Sorry!!!!
We have to hope both Soxs Red and White lose and we both go in top of our respective divisions.

> My dear, unless the Ynakees pitching holds up(which i doubt)? They'll be
> lucky to make the wild card, if they do? they get beat in the 1st rd.
No problem we will just be on a 2 man rotation- The Big Unit and Mooooosssseeee
The Yanks will get hot in Sept but your right you can't win the playoffs without pitching. I was saying that back in April. It would be good if Wang gets healthy. Did I hear right Brown on the disabled list again? You called that right 2 years ago about him.

> No problem we will just be on a 2 man rotation- The Big Unit and
> Mooooosssseeee
> The Yanks will get hot in Sept but your right you can't win the playoffs
> without pitching. I was saying that back in April. It would be good if
> Wang gets healthy. Did I hear right Brown on the disabled list again? You
> called that right 2 years ago about him.

Yeah Kevin Browns useless. That guy could cut himself shaving and be out for a year. Worthless ballbag that he is.

Let me guess... "Jeter Drinks Wine Coolers", "A-Rod sucks the Big Unit", or the more to the point "Yankees Suck." You should see the ones they sell outside Fenway! Yankee-hating is like a sport out here. I was at the game where Sheffield took a swing at a fan, and you wouldn't believe the crowd's reaction; even old ladies were jumping up on their seats chanting "Yankees Suck."

> country.Pure evil.

After Schilling's performance last night, I think it's safe to say that the Red Sox are in the same position as the Yankees: great hitting, marginal pitching staff. Flip a coin, one team will win the AL East, the other will lose the wildcard race. Neither will win the World Series.

> My dear, unless the Ynakees pitching holds up(which i doubt)? They'll be
> lucky to make the wild card, if they do? they get beat in the 1st rd.

> Let me guess... "Jeter Drinks Wine Coolers", "A-Rod sucks
> the Big Unit", or the more to the point "Yankees Suck." You
> should see the ones they sell outside Fenway! Yankee-hating is like a
> sport out here. I was at the game where Sheffield took a swing at a fan,
> and you wouldn't believe the crowd's reaction; even old ladies were
> jumping up on their seats chanting "Yankees Suck."
LOL yes that about covers it. Also NY-international symbol for choke, My favorite teams are the Soxs and any team that plays the Yankees. I did find a Yankees shirt in Manchester VT($5!!bargain bin) and was told not to wear it until I got home.
It's all going to come down to that last weekend series and your right one team goes on the other team goes home.

> Yeah Kevin Browns useless. That guy could cut himself shaving and be out
> for a year. Worthless ballbag that he is.
Or If all else fails he can punch another wall and be out for 6 weeks.

> LOL yes that about covers it. Also NY-international symbol for choke, My
> favorite teams are the Soxs and any team that plays the Yankees. I did
> find a Yankees shirt in Manchester VT($5!!bargain bin) and was told not to
> wear it until I got home.
> It's all going to come down to that last weekend series and your right one
> team goes on the other team goes home.

Make no mistake, the Tribe will be in the playoffs. I can't think of a hotter team in the Bigs than my Tribe. The Yankee's get all the glory,and press, and the Tribe don't get respect? that's fine. Wait till October & we see who's there.

Bet the farm on the Tribe makin the playoffs. If i had alot of wompom(wait a minute...I do), I'd throw some of it down on the tribe.

> Make no mistake, the Tribe will be in the playoffs. I can't think of a
> hotter team in the Bigs than my Tribe. The Yankee's get all the glory,and
> press, and the Tribe don't get respect? that's fine. Wait till October
> & we see who's there.

Actually, the Indians seem to be getting a lot of national respect lately.

The Indians have hit a higher level and can STILL GET BETTER this season (since the team is so young), and they may be the best team in the AL at this moment, and for sure are better than the Yankees and the A's. It doesn't mean they'll necessarily make it, since any team can go into a slump at the wrong time and there's really not much margin for error the rest of the way. But if the Indians win the games they should win, the Indians will get the Wild Card. They are handling the race great right now. Attack attack attack! Like when Grady Sizemore stole home last night against that poor rookie pitcher! Righteousness. And does anyone have a better batting average than Victor Martinez the past few weeks? I'll have to check.

Yup, the Indians are playing better than those teams with 3,4,5 times our payrolls. All those f***ing AL teams are so beatable, if we just get in there! And no one is in awe of the White Sox anymore, that's for damn sure. LORD LET IT HAPPEN!

I see the Royals are beating Jaret Wright right now! It looks like they knocked him out of the game! And we have our best pitcher facing Toronto in 30 minutes, so...hmmmm!!!!!

> After Schilling's performance last night, I think it's safe to say that
> the Red Sox are in the same position as the Yankees: great hitting,
> marginal pitching staff. Flip a coin, one team will win the AL East, the
> other will lose the wildcard race. Neither will win the World Series.

The World Series is completely up for grabs this year! There's no team that stands clearly above the pack. (Well, the Indians are superior to the AL pack the last month, we'll see if they can keep it up!!!) The Yankees starters seem a little better lately. And A Rod might carry the team on his shoulders to the promised land. But um...I dunno, I think they're in trouble (note that I am biased and - no offense to Devils - want them to stumble). Even Rivera, who's still the best closer in the Majors, is showing signs of maybe being overworked.

I guess I see the AL contenders as all being pretty close together, now that the weaknesses of the White Sox are being exposed. The Twins are probably out of it, since multiple teams would have to tank for them to have a shot. So that's one team that's falling away.

Between the rest, though, it's anyone's for the taking.

Given that, I'm sure glad the Indians have a solid starting rotation and the best bullpen in baseball!

> I see the Royals are beating Jaret Wright right now! It looks like they
> knocked him out of the game!

Dear Lord, the Royals are the most pathetic bunch of chokers....

Yup, Buddy Bell should hang himself.

Nice comeback, Yankees.

Re: Attn: Theo and Proper

> The World Series is completely up for grabs this year! There's no team
> that stands clearly above the pack. (Well, the Indians are superior to the
> AL pack the last month, we'll see if they can keep it up!!!) The Yankees
> starters seem a little better lately. And A Rod might carry the team on
> his shoulders to the promised land. But um...I dunno, I think they're in
> trouble (note that I am biased and - no offense to Devils - want them to
> stumble). Even Rivera, who's still the best closer in the Majors, is
> showing signs of maybe being overworked.

> I guess I see the AL contenders as all being pretty close together, now
> that the weaknesses of the White Sox are being exposed. The Twins are
> probably out of it, since multiple teams would have to tank for them to
> have a shot. So that's one team that's falling away.

> Between the rest, though, it's anyone's for the taking.

> Given that, I'm sure glad the Indians have a solid starting rotation and
> the best bullpen in baseball!
Very controversal with my fellow Yankee fans but I swear Mariano puts men on base just to get saves and wins.
I have to admit I did text someone that I thought they were going to lose so I was pleasantly surprised when I received a phone call that they won. Got to hope the Soxs lose tonight.
Someone on ESPN was saying the Tribe are going to take the AL Central.

Re: Attn: Theo and Proper

> Very controversal with my fellow Yankee fans but I swear Mariano puts men
> on base just to get saves and wins.

ESPN keeps saying how great the Indians' closer, Wickman, is. But I freak out about him. I'd much rather have Mariano. I just know Wickman will break my heart. The other night he got another save, but in truth he had balked the tying run home except the umps didn't see it and he got away with it so no run was brought home. But that showed a real mental weakness!!!

> I have to admit I did text someone that I thought they were going to lose
> so I was pleasantly surprised when I received a phone call that they won.
> Got to hope the Soxs lose tonight.
> Someone on ESPN was saying the Tribe are going to take the AL Central.

I suppose it's possible, if the Indians won all six games against the White Sox that are left. But I know that won't happen.

Hmm, I had printed out the schedules for all the contenders, and when the Royals were up I had already pencilled in a Yanks loss, and then they did the same thing to the Royals as the Indians did a few weeks ago! Very well done.
At least I can be happy for you today. It's so weird how the Indians can score runs every game except when their best pitcher, Millwood, is starting and they only need a few runs to win! All their bats go cold. It's getting to be annoying.

I promise you that I'll be on the Yankees' side if the Indians should fall by the wayside, or if the Yanks take over the East and the Indians need to catch the Red Sox for the Wild Card. I actually do have a Yankees cap in my closet. Don't have the boxers yet though!

Back
Top Bottom