At the 2 minute 56 second mark in "I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now"

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
At 2:56 to 3:01 in "Hero" Moz repeats a name or a word 3 times.

What is it?

_41612252_morrisey416.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know... but I'm pretty sure it's not a name and it's not "see me as I" cause that doesn't make sense at all... or does it? But "see me" might be correct. First question we should pass to the guys at NME ;)
Stupid question: Does he sing those lines when performing the song live? Reminds me of the "Linder"-thing... gosh, what as the song again? I hate it when you start thinking about one thing and suddenly you end up not knowing three things.

Its:
"See me as I...
See me as I am...
See me as I am"

Talking about more obscure moments on Ringleaders, was I the only one not to spot the pig snort sound effect at 1.27 exactly on Life is a Pigsty for the first few listens? The rain and thunder is obvious, but I'm sure there's a pig snort buried in the left hand side of the mix at that moment...anyone?

Last edited:
Im sticking with my first guess, sense or no sense! or even "see me as I am" like sid james is writing..

according to most lyrics-sites its "see as I", but that doesnt make more sense than the first guess? those sites are usually wrong about these things..

If you listen on headphones and blast the volume up you can just make out the word 'am' on the second and third times he sings the line - which of course means the line then makes sense as 'See me as I am', but it is buried low down in the mix with loads of reverb so it's hardly clear...

sid james said:
If you listen on headphones and blast the volume up you can just make out the word 'am' on the second and third times he sings the line - which of course means the line then makes sense as 'See me as I am', but it is buried low down in the mix with loads of reverb so it's hardly clear...

yes, when turning the volume up, i can hear theres an 'am' there too..!
so then we have it pretty much figured out! :)

sid james said:
Its:
"See me as I...
See me as I am...
See me as I am"

Talking about more obscure moments on Ringleaders, was I the only one not to spot the pig snort sound effect at 1.27 exactly on Life is a Pigsty for the first few listens? The rain and thunder is obvious, but I'm sure there's a pig snort buried in the left hand side of the mix at that moment...anyone?

I'll have to listen for that next time I play it.

Is that a dog barking right before "And I've been shifting gears"?

Back
Top Bottom