Anthony Wilson / Kidney Cancer / Sponsored Run?

steve aldcroft

I've just seen AW on North West Tonight and heard his story and just how shite the Manchester Primary Care Trust are when it comes to helping those most in need suffering from Kidney Cancer.
Thankfully Tonys got some kind and wealthy pals prepared to fork out to pay for the drug, Sutent, that he requires to keep him going (touch wood) for the foreseeable but obviously there'll be folks in need who haven't got that.
So what I've just thought of is this:
A sponsored jog / saunter / drag of yer ass around somewhere like Heaton Park, Manchester with all those takin' part wearing a t-shirt of a band associated with Our Tone' down the years. Imagine a couple of thousand Happy Mondays, New Order, Vini Reilly, Smiths, Stockholm Monsters, The Other 2 etc t-shirts bombing about Heaton Park to raise some money and awareness for kidney cancer? It'd be top and pretty worthwhile. Few beers afterwards in The Woodthorpe? Oh yes.
I've been in touch with the James Whale Kidney Cancer Fund to see what the bob moore is but if you'd like to register your interest in the mean time send me a message on here or leave a comment or summat.
Cheers,
Steve.

http://www.myspace.com/vinceprinceiii

Back
Top Bottom