All we ever look for

R

'Radar' O'Reilly

Finally after a gap of some 12 years Kate Bush is finally releasing her new album next year, she has confirmed it herself through her fan club.

The more I think about sex the better it gets

Wooo hooo at last an interesting post on here. Wow, wow, wow, wow, unBELIEVEable - can't wait.

Bring it on!

> Finally after a gap of some 12 years Kate Bush is finally releasing her
> new album next year, she has confirmed it herself through her fan club.

> The more I think about sex the better it gets

Cant wait too,she has been making it since 1999 so it should be good....(4 dots)....Looks like Sparks too will have a new album out next year as well.And of course Tears For Fears in February.(I already have my copy, an import from the US).A-ha possibly also or early 2006 at the latest for their Lifelines follow up.They have recently signed a three album contract with Universal.(Brilliant news,I`m a huge fan)

Kate Bush,Sparks,TFF,and A-ha?What more could I want?....A new Moz album perhaps?

looks like being a vintage year.

> Cant wait too,she has been making it since 1999 so it should be good....(4
> dots)....Looks like Sparks too will have a new album out next year as
> well.And of course Tears For Fears in February.(I already have my copy, an
> import from the US).A-ha possibly also or early 2006 at the latest for
> their Lifelines follow up.They have recently signed a three album contract
> with Universal.(Brilliant news,I`m a huge fan)

> Kate Bush,Sparks,TFF,and A-ha?What more could I want?....A new Moz album
> perhaps?

> looks like being a vintage year.

A-Ha & Tears For Fears ???? Have you been hitting the vaseline

> A-Ha & Tears For Fears ???? Have you been hitting the vaseline

I dont quite know what you mean by vaseline? I assume you meaning slicking my hair with the stuff.Or you could mean using it for some other purpose.If the former,then no and if the latter then again no too,I`m not that way inclined.

I like TFF because they are originally from Bath,very near to where I live (Roland still lives there now) and I remember them from before they were famous.Even saw them in the street once in the late seventies.I think some Manchester people have a similar attachment to Morrissey.Support your local band/artist etc.

A-ha I like for no particular reason just like their music especially their later more mature stuff.

But as I often say,music and other art forms are subjective,that`s what makes the world go round.

Re: All we ever look for is Roland Orzabal... Ok, not really.

It's funny that you mentioned Roland Orzabal, because I was talking to someone just the other day about how he made "Elemental" (with "Break It Down Again" on it) completely on his own without -- er, the other guy. (Curt Smith is his name, isn't it?) But it's completely fascinating how he made the ENTIRE album by himself -- the instruments, arrangements, everything -- with hardly any outside intervention.

Can't say I'm really a fan anymore, though. I sort of grew out of the music, in a way, although I still have quite a bit of respect for Roland Orzabal's talent. (And can STILL recite his biography, ha: the curse of never being able to forget anything I've read!)

At the Vegas Moz show, I saw that TFF were going to be there at the venue, but not for a few days or something -- it would've been nice to see them, since I never have, but I wasn't going to extend my trip to do so. (It strikes me as funny that it feels completely natural to travel all over the globe to see Moz, but I'd never, and have never, gone out of my way to see anyone else! Even as big of a Bowie fan as I was in the early 90s, I still waited for him to come to my hometown to see him. Just another example of how special Moz is.)

> It's funny that you mentioned Roland Orzabal, because I was talking to
> someone just the other day about how he made "Elemental" (with
> "Break It Down Again" on it) completely on his own without --
> er, the other guy. (Curt Smith is his name, isn't it?) But it's completely
> fascinating how he made the ENTIRE album by himself -- the instruments,
> arrangements, everything -- with hardly any outside intervention.

> Can't say I'm really a fan anymore, though. I sort of grew out of the
> music, in a way, although I still have quite a bit of respect for Roland
> Orzabal's talent. (And can STILL recite his biography, ha: the curse of
> never being able to forget anything I've read!)

> At the Vegas Moz show, I saw that TFF were going to be there at the venue,
> but not for a few days or something -- it would've been nice to see them,
> since I never have, but I wasn't going to extend my trip to do so. (It
> strikes me as funny that it feels completely natural to travel all over
> the globe to see Moz, but I'd never, and have never, gone out of my way to
> see anyone else! Even as big of a Bowie fan as I was in the early 90s, I
> still waited for him to come to my hometown to see him. Just another
> example of how special Moz is.)

Yes Roland made Elemental in his own recording studio at his house near Bath.(he no longer lives at Snow Hill- an estate in the city)The studio is called Neptunes Kitchen.His 1995 album Raoul and the Kings of Spain was part recorded there too (the rest in LA.)

Have you got or heard the new album Everybody loves A Happy Ending? It`s out now in the US.and in Europe/UK this coming February.Curt Smith is back with Roland for that album.

I am a life long Bowie fan too.

No, I haven't heard the new one, but I have Raoul and Elemental (which I think is the better of the two).

Yes, at the Vegas Hard Rock I saw that Smith was back with him. Interesting. I think it happened because, unlike Morrissey, Roland Orzabal really needed Curt Smith more than anyone realized, especially Roland!

As far as Bowie? I must confess I don't listen to him much anymore (with the exception of the occasional Space Oddity/Ziggy Stardust track). There are a couple of reasons: I lost respect for him after the way he treated Morrissey -- obviously, my loyalties lie with Moz! Another reason IS the fact that his newer music doesn't come close to his earlier genius. And what's the deal with Bowie's teeth? LOL Did he get dentures?

Forgot to say, Archibald: I'm looking forward to the Sparks album too; from what I've heard it's going to be great. I wish I hadn't missed Meltdown. Oh well. Have you heard anything off of it?

Back
Top Bottom