well-being

M

moris

two ways to understand well-being.

one. to just be, to do nothing, without anything varying the steady rhythm of your pulse - is not to be at all. well-being is doing something very interesting and exciting (exciting, in terms of the raised irregular pulse, and otherwise).

two. to just be, to do nothing, without anything varying the steady rhythm of your pulse - that's wonderful, that's well-being. doing something interesting and exciting only adds to the primary feeling of well-being that's just pure undisturbed being referred to in the first line.

what's your understanding of well-being? is there a third way?

> two ways to understand well-being.¿ one. to just be, to do nothing, without anything varying the¿ steady rhythm of your pulse - is not to be at all. well-being is¿ doing something very interesting and exciting (exciting, in¿ terms of the raised irregular pulse, and otherwise).¿ two. to just be, to do nothing, without anything varying the¿ steady rhythm of your pulse - that's wonderful, that's¿ well-being. doing something interesting and exciting only adds¿ to the primary feeling of well-being that's just pure¿ undisturbed being referred to in the first line.¿ what's your understanding of well-being? is there a third way?

your options seem to be, to me: to be the way, or to follow the way; 3rd option --- escape being.....

Bang, Bang!

I rather agree with Aristotle's idea of the good life being a life of generally being happy, happiness being best described as a quality of actions, those actions not being good by some pleasure attained at one point, but generally enjoying the whole process of the action. So it is happiness without one's pulse running wild at all times and without just a bland steady state. The book of Ecclesiastes too says that the best thing for a person is to be happy in his toil. I rather agree with that.

moris,

to me, well being can be, being on a train, glancing out of the window letting the mind wander.
Remember 'Sehnsucht'...I tried to explain the unexplainable.

Apart from that well being is anything that tremendously varies the rhythm of my pulse.
What are these machines called they use at hospitals to visualize your pulse on a screen? The wave is a constant succession of ups and downs. If the line is all flat you're dead.
Life mirrors our heart beat. Hilarious happiness or gloomy depression, always in succession, oh and there are times where nothing much is happening at all, that's when one is catching breath for the next adventure. The only thing that's constant is change.
Look at nature herself -
People who avoid excitement and prefer to stay somewhere safely in the middle are scarey, eh? Do they sin against life?¿ two ways to understand well-being.¿ one. to just be, to do nothing, without anything varying the¿ steady rhythm of your pulse - is not to be at all. well-being is¿ doing something very interesting and exciting (exciting, in¿ terms of the raised irregular pulse, and otherwise).¿ two. to just be, to do nothing, without anything varying the¿ steady rhythm of your pulse - that's wonderful, that's¿ well-being. doing something interesting and exciting only adds¿ to the primary feeling of well-being that's just pure¿ undisturbed being referred to in the first line.¿ what's your understanding of well-being? is there a third way?

flux

Back
Top Bottom