"Was There No One to Stop Morrissey From Publishing List of the Lost?" - John Niven of the New State

I agree that there is no real way to edit this manuscript as it stands. Certainly not to transform it from the critical kicking piece it is now into something that would have got good reviews.

it has but thats no matter. on the note of the title of your thread though i always thought of it the other way round. wasnt moz already in musical acts with johnny coming to him achieving success with moz, moz still going on to even greater, arguably or at least more fame and recognition, by himself and unknows with marr being hit and miss gathering up as many already famous artists to attach himself to.

it has but thats no matter. on the note of the title of your thread though i always thought of it the other way round. wasnt moz already in musical acts with johnny coming to him achieving success with moz, moz still going on to even greater, arguably or at least more fame and recognition, by himself and unknows with marr being hit and miss gathering up as many already famous artists to attach himself to.
Johnny was also involved in musical projects prior to approaching Morrissey (White Dice, Freak Party). The argument could easily be made that Morrissey wouldn't be where he is today if it weren't for Marr knocking on his door. Marr was extrovert, the man about town, a preternaturally gifted musician; it's much easier to imagine him eventually following the path he's mapped out for himself as a sought after collaborator and session guitarist without Morrissey than it is to imagine Morrissey achieving success without Marr. In fact, Morrissey has said on more than one occasion that he was ready to give up pursuing a career in music when Johnny came along at exactly the right time. Of course, there's no telling what other potential collaborators Morrissey could have met somewhere down the line had Marr never entered the picture, but Morrissey has always been the unlikeliest pop star while Johnny seemed primed for a life in music from the start.

I have no idea why people there are negative reviews of his book. I think it is very interesting. I think the press is used to reading books with less context and they can't follow it. It is creative which is just like Morrisssey.

johnny is likely the culprit for the book being published. once he heard about it he should have booked a flight to switzerland, rented a racing car, rushed to moz house, and weep at his feet begging him not to do it.
moz is never to blame.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom