Vegetarian/Vegan roll call

The Old Testament

before I comment on this, let me say that your knowledge about different words in different languages was very interesting to me. Thank you for that. It is so nice to actually read intelligent posts.

> I love all the old testement. It's a very inspiring and poetic
> book, but they used to put women as the worst thing on this
> planet. What do you think about it?

Well, I think that there are good parts to The Old Testament but that I prefer the New Testament. I think, in regards to the women, you have to realize of course that what was written was under strong influence of the culture and Old testement law, which of course did not look very highly on women. But I think women are equal to men in the eyes of God (which is another reason why I am anti-Catholic; because I think it is terrible that women can't be priests).

The Old Testament is also interesting to me in the sense that what is written there is sometimes in direct contradiction to the teachings of Jesus-such as an eye for an eye; tooth for a tooth old testament law idea (can't recall passage but you probably know what I am speaking of seeing as how you seem knowledgable about the Old Testament and it is a relatively common thing). There are many other contradictions between the books which make me feel that it is yet another reason to not take the Bible too literally. You have to read with the Holy Spirit in mind.

Kirstie

one more thing

and if The Bible were written by the direct hand of God, I am guessing it would turn out a bit differently.

Kirstie

Re: If the bible tells you so

> Oh he used the bible as his guidebook.

No I didn't, you only imagined that I did.

to blow

> HAVE YOU NO SENSE OF HUMOR????????????????

ok listen-I think you take my posts way too seriously. You obviously don't agree with me but don't ever back up your opinions intelligently (or at all for that matter) so please stop replying and whining about it. I don't mind discussion but I do get tired of your endless complaining. Either discuss viewpoints or don't read my posts.

Kirstie

Re: to blow

> ok listen-I think you take my posts way too seriously. You
> obviously don't agree with me but don't ever back up your
> opinions intelligently (or at all for that matter) so please
> stop replying and whining about it. I don't mind discussion but
> I do get tired of your endless complaining. Either discuss
> viewpoints or don't read my posts.

> Kirstie

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts either! So, take your own advice and stop complaining.

Back
Top Bottom