TTY: Michael Bracewell comments on Morrissey being without a record label

Morran sends the link:

Michael Bracewell comments on Morrissey being without a record label
- true-to-you.net
9 September 2015

"The situation is BEYOND BELIEF..... not wishing to be facile, but this is like Hockney being unable to get a gallery, only slightly worse and even more baffling... How very odd that the cost of being an icon is isolation..."

Last edited:
at the end of the day i like that morrissey wants a deal but wants it on his terms and doesnt want to cave. his denial of his desire and steadfastness is such a treasured trademark of his whole character

Agreed. I admire Morrissey's unwavering accountability to himself, even if it's at the expense of that which he clearly desires.

I agree with ninetimesfined.

When things do not go well it is - for everybody - very difficult to remain him/herself. And Morrissey seems to be not an exception.

who would you guys like M. to write with? I would say Bernard Butler, but we know that's unlikely to happen....

John Parish (worked and produced PJ Harvey), Josh Homme (Queen of The Stone age), Rick Rubin maybe Brian Eno
He also should change the entire line-up of his band!

I wonder if Morrissey should take a leaf out of Prince's book (another artist who has had record company problems). If Morrissey could talk to Warner Brothers (owners of The Smiths catalogue as well as several solo albums now they have purchased EMI), he could get quite a lucrative deal for a new album in exchange for supporting a comprehensive reissue campaign of his back catalogue!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom