TrueToYou update ~ Moz loves Young The Giant.

Just like Suede, Smoking Popes, Damien Dempsey, Kristeen Young, etc...all acts that he showered endless hyperbole on at one point or another.

Actually though, I love all those bands (well, I never got into Dempsey too much).

I think it is charming that he still writes so passionately about music that moves him; you see the old old old forgotten teenage pre-Smiths Morrissey rising from the grave. The post sounds so much like those reviews he'd send in about Sparks and The NY Dolls to the British weekly music mags.

But I also think it's kind of sad that whether this band is good or not, a lot of people will say they love them because Morrissey told them to.

For what its worth (which is nothing) I rather like Suede, Kristeen Young and some songs by The Smoking Popes...but I can not stand this new band to me they are so dull, its hard to even get the energy to type an insult against them

I don't think they're a terrible band, the front man has a good voice, but they just seem a bit wet, a bit Mumford and Sons, who I dislike, but an odd choice for Moz, I thought he'd chose someone a bit more unique and with more balls on them, he's given them a glowing write up but I'd have preferred it to have been to a group like Fleet Foxes or even Arcade Fire (if it was 9 or 10 years ago) I'd have seen his point then. But if he likes them you can't help that can you?

I don't think they're a terrible band, the front man has a good voice, but they just seem a bit wet, a bit Mumford and Sons, who I dislike, but an odd choice for Moz, I thought he'd chose someone a bit more unique and with more balls on them, he's given them a glowing write up but I'd have preferred it to have been to a group like Fleet Foxes or even Arcade Fire (if it was 9 or 10 years ago) I'd have seen his point then. But if he likes them you can't help that can you?

Morrissey just has a crush on the lead singer.

Morrissey just has a crush on the lead singer.

Glad I'm not the only one who assumed so. I truly don't get the musical aspect of the accolade.

Then again, I feel the same about Doll and the Kicks.

Actually, I quite like them. Kind of like the Courteeners if they were from Southern Cali. Sound a bit like the Editors too. My Body is a fantastic tune amongst others.

Back
Top Bottom