Three new singles to be released consecutively (starting May 14) according to @leethommo

Via Lee Thompson, Music Editor at Record of the Day. (@leethommo on Twitter)
14/05 - World Peace Is None Of Your Business.
21/05 - Istanbul
04/06 - Earth Is The Lonliest Planet.
No word on formats or b-sides yet.
Very surprised at this - I'd resigned myself to thinking that the singles would be AIMMN, TKAL and PATSE.
Unusual strategy too, staggering the releases like this.
Very exciting though!

Thanks for passing this on but why would you be surprised? None of the songs you mentioned (Action, People etc) are on the published album track-list so why would they be released as singles to promote it? They were universally panned by critics and fans alike, and have already been released on b-sides to a live single. It is surprising, however, that one of these songs is coming out in less than a week’s time, and the first time ever for Morrissey that an album title track has been released as a single.

So, supposedly, the first single is seeing some kind of release in 5 days and there is still no word about it anywhere other than this one guy's Twitter? Yeah...no. :lbf:

Just you wait and see! It's going to have the acoustic "Earth Is the Loneliest Planet" demo as a b-side.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be elitist. I have a record player since the early 90's and it still works fine. I don't tend to buy new vinyl. I was trying to say that I don't think sound quality of downloaded songs is great. I also make do with CDs. I couldn't afford to buy new vinyl at full price. I'm lucky to have most of Smiths and up to mid 90's Moz on vinyl, but I bought them at the time when they were an ok price.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be elitist. I have a record player since the early 90's and it still works fine. I don't tend to buy new vinyl. I was trying to say that I don't think sound quality of downloaded songs is great. I also make do with CDs. I couldn't afford to buy new vinyl at full price. I'm lucky to have most of Smiths and up to mid 90's Moz on vinyl, but I bought them at the time when they were an ok price.

1%! 1%! 1%! Out! Out! Out!

Coming here with your vinyl and antique furnishings looking down your nose at we poor people who can only afford to listen to music on our smartphones and tablets!

:) ;)

You're absolutely right, of course. Vinyl has a richer, rounder sound. That said, I carry nearly three thousand songs and three hundred audiobooks in my back pocket most days. I'm pleased there is a resurgence in vinyl in the last few years, but I couldn't go without music files.

21/05 - Istanbul

No word on formats or b-sides yet.

Very surprised at this - I'd resigned myself to thinking that the singles would be AIMMN, TKAL and PATSE.

Unusual strategy too, staggering the releases like this.

Very exciting though!

So, I guess in a week we'll be getting "Istanbul"...

So, I guess in a week we'll be getting "Istanbul"...

can't wait. especially, 'cause my three cousins went there for 3 days last weekend, each one having a different authentic impression :D :D

p.s. apologies

21/05 - Istanbul

So according to this, there's a 2 week gap til the next song is released.
Hopefully, the record company will pick up on the response Istanbul is receiving, and leave it for a month or so - long enough for the three big Morrissey-friendly radio stations to add it to their playlists, and get behind it properly.

So according to this, there's a 2 week gap til the next song is released.
Hopefully, the record company will pick up on the response Istanbul is receiving, and leave it for a month or so - long enough for the three big Morrissey-friendly radio stations to add it to their playlists, and get behind it properly.

Maybe "The Bullfighter Dies" will be released in that gap? There has to be some reason they made a video for it...

Nothing on iTunes New Zealand yet. Perhaps they aren't releasing the 3rd single?

Nothing on iTunes New Zealand yet. Perhaps they aren't releasing the 3rd single?

Isn't it still like a week away? The tracks were only available in New Zealand a day or two in advanced of the rest of the world. Or did I miss some update on the release dates?

21/05 - Istanbul

Isn't it still like a week away? The tracks were only available in New Zealand a day or two in advanced of the rest of the world. Or did I miss some update on the release dates?

The original plan was for a digital single to be released weekly during the last 3 weeks of May. I figured the gap between Istanbul and Earth Is The Loneliest Planet was meant as a way to release The Bullfighter Dies as a surprise...which is why they bothered making a spoken word music video for it and had it published by Warner/Chappell before any of the other Tobias compositions.

The original plan was for a digital single to be released weekly during the last 3 weeks of May. I figured the gap between Istanbul and Earth Is The Loneliest Planet was meant as a way to release The Bullfighter Dies as a surprise...which is why they bothered making a spoken word music video for it and had it published by Warner/Chappell before any of the other Tobias compositions.

Gotcha.
If there's only gonna be one more, I'm personally hoping for EITLP.

Back
Top Bottom