this charming man instrumental featured in the history boys

Jane Birkin

i went to see the screen adaptation of Alan Bennet's acclaimed play "the history boys" and it's was just fantastic , other music featured was steven smith, joy division and many more.
i very nearly gave it a miss due to a very bad revue from the usually excellent Mark Kermode but i'm glad i ignored him, it was as beautiful as the play.
do yourselves a favour, go see it.

Thanks a lot.. But I can't remember where I've heard the name Alan Bennett before.. :?

well you might have heard his name here as he is friends with moz , he is a brilliant playwright and television personality from yesteryears , he also features in the importance of being morrissey , he has written numerous books too.

Oh! I think I remember something.. He worked in Factory Records or something? Do you know? I had a project about them last year..
GOTTO be him! And then I have to see that movie too;)

Oh! I think I remember something.. He worked in Factory Records or something? Do you know? I had a project about them last year..
GOTTO be him! And then I have to see that movie too;)
Sorry!! Alan is someone else.. MARTIN hannett was in factoryrecords;p

i went to see the screen adaptation of Alan Bennet's acclaimed play "the history boys" and it's was just fantastic , other music featured was steven smith, joy division and many more.
i very nearly gave it a miss due to a very bad revue from the usually excellent Mark Kermode but i'm glad i ignored him, it was as beautiful as the play.
do yourselves a favour, go see it.
I was almost put off by the late review, I must stop listening to these critics.

I'm really looking forward to going to see this sometime this week. I saw a program on the making of it the other night and it featured This Charming Man in the background which settled the fact I was going to go see it! I've read such varying reviews on it, from having one star to four, so I'm just going to make my own mind up on it I think.

I went to see the play at Bradford Alhambra and Headmaster Ritual was used in the music along with the likes of madness

Hmm the very idea of Alan Bennett working at Factory Records. I'm sure he'd be very pleased with that notion....after you'd explained to him what Factory Records was. :)

Thanks a lot.. But I can't remember where I've heard the name Alan Bennett before.. :confused:

Alan Bennett lived next door to Morrissey and appears in the Channel 4 documentary 'The Importance Of Being Morrissey' (2003)

The Goat

Brilliant brilliant film. The Culture gave it 1 star calling it an ageing homosexual fantasy, and then backed up its point with 'cos boys in working class schools dont cite poety'. :mad: I cant beleve that critic is allowed to work for any publication

Saw the movie this evening. Excellent peice of work. I haven't seen the play, but after having seen what the movie accomplished I feel it is my duty to do so. Sitting there throughout, I kept thinking: "this is something Moz would like".

Back
Top Bottom