The only one around here who is John Harris., is John Harris.

D

Don Carleone

How I laughed.

Your review is so rubbish and also too short (maybe people who buy this magazine can't read very well).
On 4 paragraphs, only the two last criticize YATQ (which represents 6 sentences!!!).
Furthermore, it is too easy to take two extracts (HCAPKHIF and TFOTGTD) and just say "no it is not like the old days anymore" about the lyrics. Morrissey has a big handicap: he is the best lyricist for the last twenty years. As a result his new lyrics will always be compare with the old. And I agree, the lyrics are different but I think that Morrissey is forced to do something else in order not to be a caricature of himself.
When I take the lyrics of others bands (Franz Ferdinand, White Stripes, Radiohead for instance) into consideration, it is clear that morrissey is still the best! Stop comparing morrissey with himself or the smiths please.
Then you say the music is pedestrian. Are you serious? It's so funny I'll kill myself laughing. Seriously, it is time to say that Alain Whyte is a very great composer, the music is very various and adapted to morissey voice.
What a beautiful voice! Not a line in your very short article about this voice. Here, you could have made a comparison with the smiths and see how morrissey has progressed since. But no, not a sentence.
To conclude, your review means nothing. You can't judge an album with six sentences. I hope the readers are not as stupid as you are. I have the impression that you are like those old persons who always say : "it was better in the past my young boy".

Back
Top Bottom