the obliqatory 'is morrissey gay?' thread!

Sunbags said:
I don't think so. I've always thought that, since he seems to have a troubled relationship with his Dad, he wants a male figure in his life who could, perhaps, replace him? Ever notice that James Dean looks really like his Dad (when he was young!!)? Not that that means anything, really, but apparently you're attracted to people who look like you or people who look like your parents (irrespective of your sexuality or the nature of your relationship with such a person i.e. I look a lot like some of my friends). Our emotional needs have a huge bearing on our sexual relationships, so much so that we can be attracted to someone of the same sex (or, if you're gay, of the opposite sex) if our emotions compell us enough to that end. I believe that everyone is born with a definite sexuality, however, bi-sexuality does exist due to people having emotions, ideas and experiences, and obviously, these affect our sexuality. For instance, there are many men and women who are straight, but have very close relationships with members of their own sex because they are sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex, but they don't like them or have bad experiences with them. Have you ever had a bad experience with someone of the opposite sex and thought "right, that's it, I'm turning gay". It seems to me that Morrissey is straight, in that his sexual needs gravitate towards women, but that his emotional need for male relationships is much greater.
So you think Morrissey is attracted sexually to females, but emotionally to males? Why? If you look back through his career, the artwork and lyrics have aways contained references, either blatant or not, to the male figure (from George O'Mara on the "Hand In Glove" cover to the gay sex present in "Dear God, Please Help Me"). In fact I strain to think of any evidence that Morrissey is physically attracted to women. If you were to flip it around and say he is attracted to males sexually and females emotionally, you'd have a point (one I'd disagree with, but nonetheless, a point) as the lyrics could be construed to point towards that (eg "The woman of my dreams/She, she never came along").

i think he is,and good on him if he is,im straight tho ! if he is its his buissness,and being gay is as natural to a gay person as being straight is to a straight person, i just hope he is happy whatever his leanings are, iv worked for some gay men and they are better company than a lot of straight guys, it dont matter, he has given us a lot of happiness joy and help so i couldnt care if he is, i would still wanna kiss him in apair of leather trousers and a leather cap cos he is fantastic ,gentle and just moz ! and im ma male who likes big busty women! esp one in particular, i just hope he is happy and at ease with himself xxxxxxxxxxxx

i think your right , i shouldnt b talkin to you, you are a bit strange ! xxx

Back
Top Bottom