That 'list' that was said just before moz came on...

P

Patrick

first of all, it was the first time i've ever seen him and he was amazing.

im looking for that 'list' thingy where the bloke ran through all the things he hates, or something like that. eg, poll tax, john lennon's murder etc...

any ideas where i could get this from?

> Big hard excellent fish the vocals were by Margi Clarke who interviewed him way back on the Tube.

Josie Jones, not Margi Clark ?

According to this interview on Pete Wylie's site (Big Hard Excellent Fish was his side-project) the vocals are by Josie Jones, not Margi Clark.

From http://www.petewylie.com/interview19.html

His enthusiasm for music rekindled by the Manc phenomenon, Pete began recording again last year.

"I did the Big Hard Excellent Fish single (last year's indie hit "Imperfect List"). I wrote it, I told Josie (Jones) to do the talking, and I played all the stuff on it. That was one of the biggest buzzes, doing something that people wouldn't expect you to be capable of. I did 'Grim Up North' with the KLF, sung a track on Screaming Target's LP and worked on my own LP at the same time."

It's a track from 1990 on the label 'one little indian' called 'imperfect List' by "big hard excellent fish". It's actually a female voice on the track and it's not Margi Clarke as some do believe. It was a Pete Wylie creation which was also mixed by Andy Weatherall, a member of the cocteautwins took part too, anyway this is from Wylie's web site.

"I did the Big Hard Excellent Fish single (last year's indie hit "Imperfect List"). I wrote it, I told Josie (Jones) to do the talking, and I played all the stuff on it. That was one of the biggest buzzes, doing something that people wouldn't expect you to be capable of. I did 'Grim Up North' with the KLF, sung a track on Screaming Target's LP and worked on my own LP at the same time."

I have it on 12" vinyl, it's still available in some places (amazon shops etc), just type it in a search engine, it's sometimes on soulseek to download if you have it.

cheers Kes

the words.....

adolf hitler. the dentist. terry & june. f***ing bastard thatcher. scouse
impersonator. silly pathetic girlies. silly pathetic woman. macho dickhead. bonnie
langford. neighbours. lost keys. phoney friend. ungrateful accusing mate. the royal
family. stock aitken & waterman. smiling judas. heartbreaking lying friend. myra
hindley. acid rain. stinking rich female in furs. disloyal lover. wife & child
beater. drunken abuser. racist. bully. the sun newspaper. aids inventor. leon
brittan. all nonsense. massive massive oilslick. jimmy tarbuck. loneliness. cancer.
hunger. greed. gut wrenching disappointment. evil gossiping fashion bastard.
tasteless a&r wanker. hard cold fish. overdraft like a mountain. the jimmy swaggart
show. the tory invention of the non-working class. poll tax. commie bashers. mister
jesse helms. hillsborough. weird british judges. apartheid. john lennon's murder.
anyone's murder. the breakdown of the nhs. the death of the rain forest. heysel
stadium. rednecks. rape. homelessness. the all-american way. clause 28. tiananmen
square. sexual harrassment. nelson mandela's imprisonment. nancy's term. ronnie's
term. miscarriage. where were you?

bighard.jpg

Back
Top Bottom