Stephen Wright - My best shot (The Guardian)

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
As part of The Guardian's ongoing series where photographers select their best shot.

(The link is a mobile link, since I'm posting it on the move)

Link Here.

P.

Great crop of a great image - just misses out on Andy's packet... :)
The-Smiths-008.jpg

Dave

However I doubt Morrissey was the leader of the pack. Johnny looks really bad in that picture for some reason. He looks really annoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Wright meant leader of the pack in terms of ownership of that {and every other} Smiths image. He chose the location, he knows it's a great shot, this is 'his' Smiths, as he sees them. Hence the cat that got the cream beam.
Johnny does look really bad. Most people with hypothermia do.

However I doubt Morrissey was the leader of the pack. Johnny looks really bad in that picture for some reason. He looks really annoyed.

Every time Johnny talks about that shoot, he mentions how freezing it was and how he was tired and cold and just wanted to get back in the car, but 'a certain someone' insisted on having them photographed again and again despite looking the same in every shot. Can't say I blame him for being annoyed really :p!

No pain, no gain. If it had been a point and click quickie shoot like JM wished perhaps it wouldn't be the classic, iconic, NPG, blah-blah image that it is today. Johnny probably just wanted to get back to his bottle of brandy.
And no offence to Stephen Wright but, given the set-up, Stevie Wonder could have taken that shot and it'd still look good.

Back
Top Bottom