Post a suggestion to Simon Goddard - Mozipedia correction thread

I've been carrying this book around with me ever since I got it. Bury me with it.

Where's Charlie Brown? Maybe one day he will publish his own tell-all stories. Being so close to Morrissey for so long ,you know he's witnessed a lot of visitors coming and going.

Charlie Browne is tour manager who does not directly contribute Morrissey's creative process.

Charlie Browne is tour manager who does not directly contribute Morrissey's creative process.

No,but the tour stuff is where the "interesting" goings on go on.

No, but the tour stuff is where the "interesting" goings on go on.

Only Morrissey knows where he gets inspirations for his lyrics.

Charlie is one of the loyal staff, but he knows his creative contribution to Morrissey is minute.

Only Morrissey knows where he gets inspirations for his lyrics.

Charlie is one of the loyal staff, but he knows his creative contribution to Morrissey is minute.

:confused: I'm not talking about M's inspiration for lyrics,just saying that tours are when most of the shenanigans go on.

:confused: I'm not talking about M's inspiration for lyrics,just saying that tours are when most of the shenanigans go on.

As I said earlier, I disagreed with 21punksalute who thinks omission of Mr Browne should be corrected.
Mozipedia is a book about creative source / background.
Mr Goddard intentionally excluded Jo Slee and some others who do not directly contribute to creative process.

Morrissey might get some inspirations during the tour, but we still don't know where he actually get them.

Last edited:
i understand you are focussing on the Creative contribututors, like Mr Goddard.
However, you must allow this is a thread for suggested additions and some people would like to see entries for those whose support in other ways has been important. It's a long journey to describe and I don't think the tome would have been finished if all the side roads had been explored, but there's clearly interest in the lay-bys and garden paths.
They want to know the gossip. That will be another book, should it be told.

i understand you are focussing on the Creative contribututors, like Mr Goddard.
However, you must allow this is a thread for suggested additions and some people would like to see entries for those whose support in other ways has been important. It's a long journey to describe and I don't think the tome would have been finished if all the side roads had been explored, but there's clearly interest in the lay-bys and garden paths.
They want to know the gossip. That will be another book, should it be told.

Maybe it's not Mr Goddard's job, but someone such as Rogan's.

Apart from Broad and Slee - only thing I can think of is a misprint re the cellist on Pretty Girls Make Graves. (Audrey Riley and Virginia Astley are not the same person!)

As I said earlier, I disagreed with 21punksalute who thinks omission of Mr Browne should be corrected.
Mozipedia is a book about creative source / background.
Mr Goddard intentionally excluded Jo Slee and some others who do not directly contribute to creative process.

Morrissey might get some inspirations during the tour, but we still don't know where he actually get them.

Clearly says encyclopedia on the front of my copy, not "Morrissey's influences." Even if that were the case, it seems an oversight to not include Gulbert O' Sullivan, Morrissey covering "Nothing Rhymed" and the heavy borrowing from the same song for "Yes, I am Blind" would seem to merit an inclusion.

Clearly says encyclopedia on the front of my copy, not "Morrissey's influences." Even if that were the case, it seems an oversight to not include Gulbert O' Sullivan, Morrissey covering "Nothing Rhymed" and the heavy borrowing from the same song for "Yes, I am Blind" would seem to merit an inclusion.

Gilbert is in there - there's a whole bit about him under the Nothing Rhymed entry. Goddard, quite rightly, calls him a "severely gifted lyricist". And Yes I Am Blind is referred to in this context also.

P.

Last edited:
I was surprised to notice that opening support artist Phranc did not have an entry in "Mozpedia".

One for the what ever happened to columns.

Back
Top Bottom