once again

D

dragonfire

i just have confirmation today by a journalist who's got somes interviews of Moz an Marr when the SMITHS was famous. Morrissey & Marr take cocaine. I found it very pathetic to learn that!
Morrissey eject Rourke for his drugs addiction (that make me laugh), it's like a drunker who says beer is less "dangerous" than whysky.

This guy tell me about the interview who's seems like "scarface" whith a good tiered cake of drugs.(precision : for once this journalis's a great fan of Moz and don't have any profit to tell me that)

Moz, claim everywhere "i'm an heathly boy" it's easy but once again, yu've score a bad point!

Re: The Smiths on Drugs?

> i just have confirmation today by a journalist who's got somes
> interviews of Moz an Marr when the SMITHS was famous. Morrissey
> & Marr take cocaine. I found it very pathetic to learn that!

You're niaive to think that someone like Johnny never dabbled (I would not be surprised).. But if it is true about Morrissey, then I am surprised... He never showed the typical traits of addiction (or a user) as his shyness would be totally against the effects of cocaine.. so I'd be sceptical on that.

> Morrissey eject Rourke for his drugs addiction (that make me
> laugh), it's like a drunker who says beer is less
> "dangerous" than whysky.

..it is well documented Rourke had serious problems. If Marr/Joyce were users (and Morrissey), then they handled it better. Rourke became a liability for a while.

Does anyone know if this comment has any truth? Re, the Smiths/Morrissey and any potential 'drug/stimulant' usage.. Are their any posters on the board who ever witnessed the backstage antics of the boys in their prime?

Re: I don't think so

there's a person who often comes to this board, even better, who often comes to this site, and LOVE to create rumours, and talk about old things that he/she didn't even know if it is true. this happenned before, and this person said that he/she was immature in the past, but I suspect he/she is still very immature. .c

What are you guys talking about?

> there's a person who often comes to this board, even better, who
> often comes to this site, and LOVE to create rumours, and talk
> about old things that he/she didn't even know if it is true.
> this happenned before, and this person said that he/she was
> immature in the past, but I suspect he/she is still very
> immature. .c

How does ANY of this matter? Will it make a difference in the way you listen to the Smiths from the moment you find out the truth? Or will you stop having any faith in Morrissey because your opinion would change because of events in the past- whether they happened or not?

And, Somnium, I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? If you are going to be so vague, what difference should YOUR post make in any of this? usually you are more clear on what you are talking about- are you really that concerned about how people see you here as to cover the subject up by using an asexual terms and saying something MIGHT be posted when in fact you don't know if it will or won't? Hmm, I don't mean to make you feel badly nor ridiculous, I just don't get it...maybe you could explain a little?

For the record, I have NEVER touched drugs in my 27 years, outside of waking up from BOTH c-sections with an iv in my arm that was automatically pumping morphine into me...requested BOTH times to be taken out. I am not saying I am better than anyone who has taken drugs, and I certainly probably would try them if my system weren't so sensitive and if I had an interest in them. But I don't, and I don't stop anyone from taking them. It is your life, and as long as you aren't responsible for children, or aren't driving then do whatever you damned well please...that's YOUR business.

Laura

> Does anyone know if this comment has any truth? Re, the
> Smiths/Morrissey and any potential 'drug/stimulant' usage..

i once read in an interview that he (morrissey) tried ecstasy once, but didnt like it. as for marr, ive no idea

Re: What are you guys talking about?

> How does ANY of this matter? Will it make a difference in the
> way you listen to the Smiths from the moment you find out the
> truth? Or will you stop having any faith in Morrissey because
> your opinion would change because of events in the past- whether
> they happened or not?

it doesn't matter at all. i love the music, the lyrics, the videos.

> And, Somnium, I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? If you
> are going to be so vague, what difference should YOUR post make
> in any of this? usually you are more clear on what you are
> talking about- are you really that concerned about how people
> see you here as to cover the subject up by using an asexual
> terms and saying something MIGHT be posted when in fact you
> don't know if it will or won't? Hmm, I don't mean to make you
> feel badly nor ridiculous, I just don't get it...maybe you could
> explain a little?

actually you are right, my post makes NO difference, but why on this planet are YOU so concerned? who told you i care about how people see me here? hey, miss, this web site is just for fun. there's nothing to explain TO YOU. i say he/she because i am not sure if that person is a male or a female. hey Laura, sometimes you get this all too serious, in my opinion. i won't feel ridiculous, not more or less than the rest of assholes of this board.

> For the record, I have NEVER touched drugs in my 27 years,
> outside of waking up from BOTH c-sections with an iv in my arm
> that was automatically pumping morphine into me...requested BOTH
> times to be taken out. I am not saying I am better than anyone
> who has taken drugs, and I certainly probably would try them if
> my system weren't so sensitive and if I had an interest in them.
> But I don't, and I don't stop anyone from taking them. It is
> your life, and as long as you aren't responsible for children,
> or aren't driving then do whatever you damned well
> please...that's YOUR business.

huh? why are you saying this to me? perhaps because of that little ".c"...??? Laura, come on, stop trying to see more than i write. i don't care what drugs you may used or not, or the reasons. sometimes you can be very amusing.

> Laura

> i once read in an interview that he (morrissey) tried ecstasy
> once, but didnt like it. as for marr, ive no idea

yes, i remember. it was a funny interview, by the way.

Re: What are you guys talking about?

> How does ANY of this matter?

...or how about "why would this interest anyone?"

Because it pertains to Morrissey and we're on a Morrissey website.

> Will it make a difference in the
> way you listen to the Smiths from the moment you find out the
> truth? Or will you stop having any faith in Morrissey because
> your opinion would change because of events in the past- whether
> they happened or not?

Well, to some people, it WOULD make a difference. Many fans love Morrissey, not only for his music, but also for his convictions and life views. We would generally like to believe that he means what he says AND writes. To find out that some of those things weren't his true beliefs could be a real blow - you could liken it to betrayal, I suppose.

Granted, we're talking about ancient history and people's degree of fandom changes and matures with time, but to say that a revelation such as Morrissey's past use (abuse?) of cocaine would make no difference to his fans...well, that's a pretty thoughtless assumption, in my opinion.

If we shouldn't talk about his alleged drug use, then we also shouldn't talk about:

- his sexuality (which EVERYONE has an opinion on)
- his vegetarianism (of which I've heard some rumors to the contrary)
- his views on racism (again, differing opinions from fans)

It's all par for the course. This board is about all things Moz. Personally, I ENJOY reading about rumors/assumptions/allegedly personal accounts. Do I believe everything I read? No, but it sparks debate, which is essential on a message board.

> yes, i remember. it was a funny interview, by the way.

Could you tell me which one it is?

> Could you tell me which one it is?

i have read this one , if i'm not wrong on one of those links on the main page. take a look on those links, they are very good.

Re: GOOD baby, very GOOD!!!

thanks for such a nice post.

> ...or how about "why would this interest anyone?"

> Because it pertains to Morrissey and we're on a Morrissey
> website.

> Well, to some people, it WOULD make a difference. Many fans love
> Morrissey, not only for his music, but also for his convictions
> and life views. We would generally like to believe that he means
> what he says AND writes. To find out that some of those things
> weren't his true beliefs could be a real blow - you could liken
> it to betrayal, I suppose.

> Granted, we're talking about ancient history and people's degree
> of fandom changes and matures with time, but to say that a
> revelation such as Morrissey's past use (abuse?) of cocaine
> would make no difference to his fans...well, that's a pretty
> thoughtless assumption, in my opinion.

> If we shouldn't talk about his alleged drug use, then we also
> shouldn't talk about:

> - his sexuality (which EVERYONE has an opinion on)
> - his vegetarianism (of which I've heard some rumors to the
> contrary)
> - his views on racism (again, differing opinions from fans)

> It's all par for the course. This board is about all things Moz.
> Personally, I ENJOY reading about rumors/assumptions/allegedly
> personal accounts. Do I believe everything I read? No, but it
> sparks debate, which is essential on a message board.

> Could you tell me which one it is?

the arcane old wardrobe is where i saw it, 1992, "ooh, i say"

The use of English in this post is identical to the post in which the author claimed that his friend had recently seen Morrissey and Marr together. This person has no special information. Journalists often say a 'close source stated', that usually means that they made it up. Morrissey could not hide drug abuse, eating meat, sexual relationships etc, from the gutter press all this time-They WOULD catch him out. The gutter press are devious and will go to any lengths to get a scoop. In short, if anyone had a story, you would be reading it in the press, not on this board. Morrissey is most likely exactly what he says he is.

SPECIAL BULLETIN!!! Billie has expressed sincere dislike of journalists before!

> The use of English in this post is identical to the post in
> which the author claimed that his friend had recently seen
> Morrissey and Marr together. This person has no special
> information. Journalists often say a 'close source stated', that
> usually means that they made it up. Morrissey could not hide
> drug abuse, eating meat, sexual relationships etc, from the
> gutter press all this time-They WOULD catch him out. The gutter
> press are devious and will go to any lengths to get a scoop. In
> short, if anyone had a story, you would be reading it in the
> press, not on this board. Morrissey is most likely exactly what
> he says he is.

In an email to me he told me info I was asking him for was going to be used to tell a story and be sold to some rag. I have NO idea why he reacts this way, but I assume we should all be on the lookout for offending him with stories saying "we have heard through the grapevine..."

Laura

Re: SPECIAL BULLETIN!!! Billie has expressed sincere dislike of journalists before!

You certainly like gossip, don't you ?

Back
Top Bottom