Omagh show

craiggannon

you ARE the one for me...
Interested to hear what people thought of tonights show??I wont post the set cause it was the same as the Galway gig.
I must mention Doll and the Kicks as I haven't seen them mentioned here yet.Must say they are a really really good band,catchy songs,great rhythm,nice people....to me sound like a mix of No Doubt,The Killers,and some other band that I cant think of at the moment:clap:

I agree Dolls and the kicks were fantastic. The singer had great stage presence and their music was a refreshing change to the bland garbage that makes up the majority of the radio airplay. Looking forward to hearing them again tonight at the waterfront, belfast with the acoustics the theatre has.
Morrissey and the band were in good form. Hope he changes the setlist a bit for tonight with a few different songs, but going by the last couple of nights I doubt it. I would love him to play Death of a disco dancer cos he played it last year at Edinburgh and it was mindblowing .
And I do hope he wasn't being serious when he played with his throat as if it was sore after one of the songs, he did smile at Boz anyhow
Heres to another good night tonight

Didn't like Doll and the Kicks much...I dunno, I guess they were good, but the whole wide-eyed stage persona thing grated on my nerves a bit. Eh, maybe it was just me wanting to get the support over quick as possible in anticipation of Moz :blushing:

It's only my second show, and the first for the friend I was with, and we got nearly front so we were both pretty shell-shocked :o Loved the gig- both of us got, er, half a handshake (I think I may have accidentally scratched Moz's hand a bit...:/ my nails're too sharp!) and I got a splintered drumstick. His voice was wonderful- although I admit to panicking a bit when he rubbed his throat like that- and the atmosphere was great for me at least. More experienced concert-goers might have different opinions. Everyone around me was going pretty mad...I know I was half-hysterical :rolleyes: Bit embarrassing, really. But it was a wonderful night... Although my mate got felt up by a shirtless tattooed guy who looked three times her age :squiffy:

Incidentally, does Julia have curly red-brown hair or did I make that up? Thought I heard a description something like that once. Because my friend thought she was about to faint, and ended up clinging to a lady of that description directly in front of her, standing at the front. Afterwards she apologised and apparently the woman had an American accent *shrugs* Just wondering.

Last edited:
I really liked Doll & the Kicks, their songs were great. The singer has a great presence, although it seems a little contrived at times.
But Morrissey was wonderful! I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Marley Park in 2006, but you can't have everything. ;) I brought my friend along with me, who is not a Morrissey fan, which was an interesting experience, to say the least. :blushing: She came out with 'Is Morrissey's brother playing guitar?' and 'Wow, he's really tanned!' among other gems, which I will keep to myself. However, she really enjoyed it too. And thank you to the gentleman with glasses who translated our conversations when he got wedged between us! :thumb: Atmosphere was great next to the barrier anyway. Highlights for me were 'I Keep Mine Hidden', 'Let Me Kiss You', and the Northern Irish bloke on the mike who told Morrissey he was 'absolutely gorgeous'. :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom