Old Glory raised over Baghdad! USA! USA! USA!

Re: WHERES DOCTOR GERM AND ATHRAX ANNIE????I HATE ALL MUSLIMS

Stop nicking my jokes, you fanny

Re: Reality TV at its best!

> "Reality TV"? You're treating war as entertainment.

> A bit sickening, really.

No, sorry, not sickening at all. It was extraordinary, historical events happening live before my eyes, with the revolutionary "embedded journalist" system alowing me to see it unfold. And it was ABOSLUTELY HILARIOUS and, yes, entertaining to watch the split-screen with the Iraqi Info Minister on the left, telling us America was suffering horrible defeat and was nowhere near there, and our soldier's hanging out and celebrating at Saddam's palace on the right. As well, it was wonderful to see the statue get blown up, and satisfying to hear of Chemical Ali's death.

Is it wrong to laugh along as our troops went through Saddam's palace and used his showers? I think not. There was a sad aspect to it, of course. To see the riches in that palace - the gold and the marble - and to consider how that barbarian was purposely letting his people suffer to defy the United NAtions sanctions, makes ME ill.

It makes me even more ill is to think about all the bullshit the anti-war people spewed for months, considering how everything Bush and Blair have said about Saddam's regime are being proved absolutely 100% true each and every day during this war.

Oh, btw, NPR is saying they've found chemical weapons today. GAME SET & MATCH, baby. Now I know you and most rational people already understood such weapons existed in Iraq, despite Hans Blix's bumbling idiocy. But plenty of people were going on and on with crap like, "Why haven't you found WMDs yet? Was that all lies and propaganda?"

A great day for America and the rest of the Coalition, who can be proud of sticking to their guns and doing what's right. A great day for the Iraqi and Kurdish peoples, who can look forward to a new future and build a new country. An awful day for the Leave-Saddam-Alone "anti-war" protestors, sitting on the wrong side of history.

And when the anti-war protestors are done explaining why they should have any credibility left, how about they start to weed out all the racists in their ranks:

http://dynamic.washtimes.com/twt-print.cfm?ArticleID=20030406-91545848
====

Noam Levy, a 24-year-old French Jew, was beaten with an iron bar as he took part in a Paris protest and needed several stitches to his head.

"As a Jew, I now know that I do not have a place in the antiwar protests," he said. "I was shocked by the comparison of the state of Israel to the Nazis and by anti-Zionist slogans."
====

Re: Wow! This has been a remarkable couple of hours of FOX News

> I thought this was all about liberty and justice for Iraqis, not American
> muscular breast-beating and flag worship.

You're not happy Chemical Ali is worm food?

> You're not happy Chemical Ali is worm food?

I don't give a damn for Chemical Ali. I hear he made really bad acid anyway.

The above was in response to the tone of your post further above.

> I don't give a damn for Chemical Ali. I hear he made really bad acid
> anyway.

> The above was in response to the tone of your post further above.

It's wrong to feel emotions? Or, was I feeling emotions that were wrong?

Was it wrong to feel happy when we took the palace, blew up the dictator's statue, and confirmed that we killed one of the world's most murderous and genocidal war criminals? Was it wrong to scream "JUSTICE!!" in empathy with the victims of that now-dead war crimninal? Was it wrong to share the joy and excitement our soliders were expressing on live TV, after they worked so hard to get to Baghdad in record time risking life and limb? Or was it wrong to laugh at the Iraqi Info Minister as he was making a jack-ass of himself? The split-screen with the Iraqi Info Minister played like a Saturday Night Live skit!

I failed to express something else I've been feeling: I wish I was there, gun-in-hand, fighting with our troops. And you know the most emphasised thing most of the soldiers Greg Kelly interviewed said was, as they looking at Saddam's palace? They were saying (paraphrasing), "We're not raising the American flag over this building. We're here to liberate the Iraqi people. This is their country. They own it. Now we'll get an interim government in and help turn it over to the Iraqis."

No doubt they were instructed to say such things. But they're all saying it, and saying it often and clearly. It's been drilled into their heads: This mission is a liberation.

> It's wrong to feel emotions? Or, was I feeling emotions that were wrong?

No, I don't think that's for me to judge. But when I see these pictures I ALSO (but not exclusively) think of the people lying in hospital wards, and those who have perished in the process, and I can't feel as happy as you do about the overall situation.

But you're right to suggest a despotic regime got us to this situation and to see those elements fall is a good outcome.

Watching extraordinary images now of Iraqis trying to bring down an enormous statue of Saddam, but someone in the crowd below is carrying a banner saying "Americans go home". It's still a politically complex situation, clearly.

Back
Top Bottom