Of The Smiths & Morrissey's 14 studio albums which ones, above all others, stole your heart away?

Of The Smiths & Morrissey's 14 studio albums, which ones, above all others, stole your heart awa

• Total voters
Re: Of The Smiths & Morrissey's 14 studio albums which ones, above all others, stole your heart away

^^^^
Ah, but your taste is impeccable.

Re: Of The Smiths & Morrissey's 14 studio albums which ones, above all others, stole your heart away

^^^^
Ah, but your taste is impeccable.

That is the word on the street :)

I voted for Viva Hate as the heart stealer, although it stole it in the guise of Education In Reverse at first. What was left of my heart went to Vauxhall And I, but the first tingle on the back of my neck was The World Won't Listen.

I didn’t know this was multiple choice.......this changes everything!

I picked Maladjusted because it was a time and a place for me that I remember vividly.

Of course, after voting I realized I could vote for more than one.. but too late.

I choose "The smiths" because "Still ill", "Reel around the fountain" and "Hand in glove" are the songs of my teen years

I picked Maladjusted because it was a time and a place for me that I remember vividly.

Of course, after voting I realized I could vote for more than one.. but too late.

I also have a vivid Maladjusted time and place :)

I answered by process of elimination—check everything, then uncheck the boxes for the albums that I didn't (for whatever reason) have at least an initial obsessive period with.

I think my choices have more to do with what was going on in my life when they were first released, or when I heard them for the first time. 1989 is the year I heard ALL of The Smiths' albums (as well as Viva Hate) for the first time. I was 13 and had nothing to do but have my heart stolen by music! These days I think of myself more as a Morrissey fan than a Smiths fan, but boy…what a thing it was to have all of that rushing into my life all at once.

I also have a vivid Maladjusted time and place :)

I wish I did. Maladjusted came out while I was finishing college, and I was so emotionally shut down and stressed at the time that I barely took any time for it. It's really only in the last few years that I'm starting to appreciate it properly.

Three albums stand out for me -
You Are The Quarry, for being my first real introduction to Morrissey and the Smiths, at the tender age of 12.
Vauxhall and I, for being quite simply the best album I've ever heard... with the possible exception of Sigur Rós' ( ) ;)
The Queen is Dead, for providing some comfort to tough times.

i went for meat is murder as i love it and think it flawless.

thats kinda how things went for me fred. i got singles because it had how soon is now and hand in glove both of which stuck in my head despite me not caring about music at the time though i was just out of high school. i think i was 18-20 when i got that album and slowly worked into it. after i listened and loved the whole thing i went out and got mim since the american version featured how soon is now and became a fanatic not long after of morrissey and the smiths. funny, im from a super small town and this was before the internet expanded so i only had the albums and nothi9ng else which ive sorta discovered from other fans is sorta odd way to be introduced to the band/man. they, most, knew about morrissey before ever hearing a note of music.

Damn, I missed that this was multiple choice, too! I thought people were just being cute when then listed multiple albums, haha.
Well, the ones that I was exposed to at the right time for me to fall deeply in love with them were (again) s/t, but also TQID and Kill Uncle.

Has to be The Smiths for me. It was the first Smiths/Moz album I listened to and unlike most music I had heard before, its contents actually said something to me about my life.

Vauxhall.

LOL people are voting for world peace? really?

Yes!

I know it's a classic already!

Figured it would be between Queen Dead and Vauxhall. Nice to see Viva H. in there. The Vauxhall brigade must be on holiday.

I'm happy so many of you went with your "heart" and not "favorite" or "best" - concepts which are related - but not always the same.

Queen, Viva, Strangeways, Quarry, World Peace (on this I am beside myself...the appeal is dangerously subtle and not at all in your face...truly I don't understand...this mystic...and I may never...)

Back
Top Bottom