new to the board and Morrissey in general

R

roxygosia

Hej, I am new to the board and just discovered Morrissey! I must admit, I never liked the Smiths, Morrissey was just too skinny then, and now look at him! whow! what a sexy beast, and his solo work is amazing. I just bought his last DVD with Menchester gig and I love it!!! His lyrics are incredible! I've loved Bowie all my life, but his lyrics are so difficult to understand (at least for me, english is not my native tongue) Morrissey's on the other hand, so simple and soooo much meaning hidden under those simple lines! I fell in love with I've forgiven Jesus and the chorus in There is a light that never fades, is just incredible!!! it send shivers down my spine, he truly is a genius, no I am sory, He is a SEXY genius!
Have few questions though: why most of his songs are sooo sad? what's up with not being loved, and not being able to find a true love? In "I am not sorry" (I think that was the one anyway) he sings that there never was a woman of his dreams, well that's just because he has not met me yet! anyway, I hope this wil be a long lasting relationship between me and this board, nice to meet you all but I have to run now to find the lyrics to all Moz songs! By the way, since I am new to "Morrissey experience" what his songs would you recommend to a newbe like me? My next purchase is going to be "Live at Earl's Court"
thanks for all the input

Live at Earl's Court is a horribly sounding audio quality. go for some of his early solo work. Bona Drag, Your Arsenal, Vauxhall and I.

> Hej, I am new to the board and just discovered Morrissey! I must admit, I
> never liked the Smiths, Morrissey was just too skinny then, and now look
> at him! whow! what a sexy beast, and his solo work is amazing. I just
> bought his last DVD with Menchester gig and I love it!!! His lyrics are
> incredible! I've loved Bowie all my life, but his lyrics are so difficult
> to understand (at least for me, english is not my native tongue)
> Morrissey's on the other hand, so simple and soooo much meaning hidden
> under those simple lines! I fell in love with I've forgiven Jesus and the
> chorus in There is a light that never fades, is just incredible!!! it send
> shivers down my spine, he truly is a genius, no I am sory, He is a SEXY
> genius!
> Have few questions though: why most of his songs are sooo sad? what's up
> with not being loved, and not being able to find a true love? In "I
> am not sorry" (I think that was the one anyway) he sings that there
> never was a woman of his dreams, well that's just because he has not met
> me yet! anyway, I hope this wil be a long lasting relationship between me
> and this board, nice to meet you all but I have to run now to find the
> lyrics to all Moz songs! By the way, since I am new to "Morrissey
> experience" what his songs would you recommend to a newbe like me? My
> next purchase is going to be "Live at Earl's Court"
> thanks for all the input

> Have few questions though: why most of his songs are sooo sad? what's up
> with not being loved, and not being able to find a true love?

Yeah, what's up with that? I feel sorry for the guy, really. To be so alone and miserable.

I mean, you'd think he would grow up, get a couple of cats, and take neurotic refuge in his imagination like the rest of us.

> Yeah, what's up with that? I feel sorry for the guy, really. To be so
> alone and miserable.

> I mean, you'd think he would grow up, get a couple of cats, and take
> neurotic refuge in his imagination like the rest of us.
The new album sounds very much like he has entered a new stage in his career, i feel, for the better

Yeah, Who Put the M in Man. is great. Watched it last night.

you poor thing...

i wish the best for you and your future with this board, but i think you should be warned.

morrissey's songs seem to attract some very sad, unlovable people here. while morrissey is able to turn his misfortune in to beautiful music for us to enjoy, the type who frequent here tend to just be bitter, nasty, and extremely unkind.

this is the site i lived at while getting to know my smiths and morrissey, no message board... but tons of information.

Passions Just Like Mine

Back
Top Bottom