My 9 y-o daughter now self assumed as a 'Morrissey addict'

Well, I don't think she was reaaaally that serious! She can be quite theatrical some times... And this is one of those cases... It is just because I've spoiled her with infinite love all day long and she doesn't want to share me with anything or anybody :D

I know exactly what you mean. My daughter is the same way. She and I are so close and so much a pair that anything I like too much makes her crabby. Morrissey is one of those things... ALTHOUGH, recently she's started admitting to liking some of his songs... and she's excited to be seeing him in July. She wants to get on stage with him. I'd die!

People who don't have dramatic little girls can't be expected to understand this sort of thing.

your daughter is cute! as soon as she becomes a 'tween' you should make her watch the short fim. 'interesting drug' then when she is older and starts to become boycrazy she will hopefully choose a young man who is not afraid to wear his sensitivity on his feetsies.

Well the conversation went something like this..

I'm gonna marry you, Daddy
Leila, You can't marry me
Oh
Who you going to marry, then?
Morrissey! (Or as she says it MORE-SEE)

Ooooooohhh!! cutie baby!!! More-See!!! I melted.

She must be REALLY overdramatic or you're a REALLY big fan.

Mmm... So overdramatic she's not. She just liked all my attention all the time! Just read Scarlet below... :D And I REALLY AM a big fan... Definitively!!! or haven't you noticed it here?? hehehehe.

I know exactly what you mean. My daughter is the same way. She and I are so close and so much a pair that anything I like too much makes her crabby. Morrissey is one of those things... ALTHOUGH, recently she's started admitting to liking some of his songs... and she's excited to be seeing him in July. She wants to get on stage with him. I'd die!

People who don't have dramatic little girls can't be expected to understand this sort of thing.

Ooohh dear Scarlet! At last a mom who understands me :) So I'm not alone in that, but those days of "Mom? Do you love Morrissey more than me?" are gone... That was in the beggining... Now that she's 'converted' she plays his music by herself, and she even asked me to give her my second copy of the M DVD, so we've watched it many times together!!! And she looooves the promo videos part... She even admits that Morrissey looks "quite attractive" in the IBEH video... (To me he looks much more than that of course... hahaha... He's a killer in that video!!)

your daughter is cute! as soon as she becomes a 'tween' you should make her watch the short fim. 'interesting drug' then when she is older and starts to become boycrazy she will hopefully choose a young man who is not afraid to wear his sensitivity on his feetsies.

Well, she's so close to be a tween, I mean she's having an mp3 player, she's listening to her own music now and well... I'M SO AFRAID OF THE DAY SHE STARTS DATING YOUNG BOYS!!!! I really panic everytime I think of it!! Parties, boys, hormones... I'll have to have a leash, a whip and a shotgun to keep those little men away!!! Hahahaa.... Argh! :eek:

Thats funny because first of the gang was the song that got our daughter to love mr man!! She thaught he was saying victor instead of hector for about 2 months while she sang it but who was i or her mom to correct her(it was really funny lol) She is 9 now and her first concert ever was morrisseys b-day show in ST LOUIS this year!! I slept in line over night to make sure we would have front row possitions! Needless to say it was a incredible show moz tried to grab her hand 3 times but just didnt have long enough limbs to get to her it was sad but i did get a whole sleeve of the encore shirt for her and a bonus after the long fight was that the shirt had a nice big silver birtday cufflink on it SCORE!! We got up the day after St Louis and decided to go to see him in Kansas City also and at that show he went straight to her and grabbed her hand needless to say she was pretty excited (as were we)her mom explained we have been front row a ton of times and she still hasnt had the pleasure of that happening!!All in all it is great to see this legacy live on !! Also i would like to say thanks to everyone that was at those shows for making them great and for helping out with Aynsly!The iregular regulars you know who you are,barbara(do you have the pics of me and aynsly in KC ),and all of the other names i have forgot thanks and if you have pics of us please get in contact i have some good ones outside the venue!!

To reasssure all the horrified females...:eek:

My daughter told me this morning...that she only wants to be Morrissey's friend

she doesn't want to share me with anything or anybody :D

Oooohhhh, Ceci, that's so sweet! Your daughter is really cute, just like the mother. :D

And I'm glad to hear that the both of you can share more things now like the music and concerts!! You could be best friends.

Is it just me or do the little children start to hear music earlier? When I was a kid we little monsters started to hear music with 13 years. But 9 would be very crazy at the time. At the end you have to give the children an mp3 player with 2 years. Can't speak or run but headphones on the ears. :D Oh, and be careful of the volume of her mp3 player because little ears (and older ears either) are very sensitive and the damage is lifelong. I'm as a half deaf know what I'm talking about.

I'M SO AFRAID OF THE DAY SHE STARTS DATING YOUNG BOYS!!!! I really panic everytime I think of it!! Parties, boys, hormones... I'll have to have a leash, a whip and a shotgun to keep those little men away!!! Hahahaa.... Argh! :eek:

LOL!!! You're so funny! But what I see you really love your daughter and she should know that.

It was just a couple of days ago when I wondered how your daughter would look like and now you gave me the answer. Thanks Ceci!

Wow!!! I hadn't read all these latest replies... Thank you!! Especially WHY and Lili!! :D

Lourdes is with me now and wants to say something. I'll have to be her interpreter: (with funny tone) "Hello! I'm the famous daughter (like the International Playboys hahaha) of Ceci, Lourdes!!! :rolleyes: I like much Morrissey's music and I say to you: His music is very good!! clap, clap, clap. But I think that's something you already knew... Hehe... I send you kisses and my advice: Always listen to Morrissey!!! ;) "

Well, that was her message.. She chose the emoticons too, hahaha.

She was dying to write somethng here, but since she's just learning basic English, then I'll have to be her translator for a while :)

You know, I think it's time for Moz to do a kid's album... today my 3 year old was rocking along to "You're Gonna need someone on your side." he called it the super hero song... and why not? He says "Morsy" too.

Oooooooooohhhh that's so cute!! Lovely son you have!! And he's only 3!!! Beautiful!! Morrissey should know he's reaching children!!! I love this!!

Ceci, you have a beautiful daughter and a daughter who has great taste like her mummy. :) My kids love Moz too and it does make it much more fun for me. Btw, have you recieved those cd's yet? I sent them a few days ago.

Lourdes is with me now and wants to say something.......

Oooohhhhh, this is so sweet!!! Please tell your daughter she has a very good taste and when Morrissey is touring near you, she and her sweet mummy can visit the concert together (in front row of course) and shout at him! And she should always listen to her mummy and do the homework for school. :D

It's really funny how little children like Morrissey. I wonder if this changes when they grow older. At the end your (Ceci) daughter says when she's 20: "Mum!! I really listenend to THIS guy???" :D

Back
Top Bottom