Moz on telly last night

B

Bluenose

So will someone tell me....

Was BBC3 showing the full Glastonbury appearance?
I don't have cable or any of those other fancy methods of obtaining other channels so I had to make do with BBC2's Glasto coverage.

Was there a lot edited out of BBC2's showing?

BBC3 was edited to buggery, or so I'm told

Apparently they didn't even show full songs...they interspersed them half way through with some god awful new age thing. Maybe BBC3 viewers don't have very long attention spans. Oh, and the BBC3 presenters slated Morrissey quite a bit.

I only saw "Gang" on BBC2, but there was more I think. BBC2 presenters were a lot more respectful - very charming in fact and introduced Morrissey very well.

Re: BBC3 was edited to buggery, or so I'm told

> BBC2 presenters were a lot more respectful - very charming in fact and
> introduced Morrissey very well.

...that's because Mark Radcliffe is a fan .

> ...that's because Mark Radcliffe is a fan .

Shame about his playlists on Radio 2 though

TMF

> Shame about his playlists on Radio 2 though

> TMF

Ahh for the days when the 'Biggest Show' ruled from 1 till 3 every radio 1 Afternoon.. Now we get those two irritating 'people' doing it.. Edith and Colin.. or someone like that?? Thanks god for GLR and XFM!

Ruffian

My housemate watched it all (and couldnt be bothered to shout upstairs it was on!) and he said they played most of the set, in full. Each one ended with a flash of the grounds but there wasnt any new-age gubbins as far as he said.

That said, hes a miserable swine so he probably didnt watch any of it at all and just said he had when i caught the last 2 mins!

There was a lot of Moz-Chin wiggling!

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for repeats on BBC3 or any of the other millions channels we've got

> Ahh for the days when the 'Biggest Show' ruled from 1 till 3 every radio 1
> Afternoon.. Now we get those two irritating 'people' doing it.. Edith and
> Colin.. or someone like that?? Thanks god for GLR and XFM!

Well, I preferred the Radcliffe and Riley combination up front, late nights Radio 1 during the week. Quality items and tunes to be treasured. Don't get me started on bloody "Colin and Edith". I wish they'd get back to Sussex University Radio, or wherever it is they came from. I must be showing my age.

TMF

> I'm keeping my eyes peeled for repeats on BBC3 or any of the other
> millions channels we've got

Lucky! We don't have those new-fangled channels down our way. I was over in Leeds on Saturday night at my mate Rick's house. He has BBC 3 etc there. Just my luck - all I got was extended Keane "highlights" from Glastonbury.

TMF

Back
Top Bottom