Morrissey: Will the Smiths' ex-frontman delight or disappoint at Vivid Sydney? - Sydney Morning Hera

Morrissey: Will the Smiths' ex-frontman delight or disappoint at Vivid Sydney? - Sydney Morning Herald
May 8, 2015 - 11:45PM
by Barry Divola

Excerpt:

...That night, Morrissey played matchmaker. Marilena and I wandered back to the youth hostel at one in the morning with our arms around each other, then made out for two hours on a couch in the communal lounge room, before heading back to our same-sex dorms. The English girl of 1985 started to fade a little in my memory. She'd dumped me for a guy who hated the Smiths. He drove a sports car and liked Spandau Ballet and Simply Red.

If this was my only story to tell about the Smiths, they would still be one of my favourite bands. From my first published album review in a national music magazine (Hatful of Hollow, RAM magazine, 1984) to scribbling down the complete lyrics to How Soon Is Now? for a forgetful Johnny Marr, who was struggling to get past the first verse at a 7 Worlds Collide sound check in Auckland in 2001, they're part of my music geek DNA.

I believe if Morrissey is headlining and is the last act of the day they may have meat and dairy vendors close down early and/or stop selling meat/dairy products. It's not an impossible task.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom