Morrissey vs. Robbie W's live qualities

Didn't Morrissey say about him in an interview a while back, and I paraphrase here, "I like everything about him except the voice and the music"?
I think he's a class "A " tosspot, anyway. Boredom incarnate.

Mozzarella said:
This is for the two and a half people on this board who think that Robbie Williams is *the shit". And for the couple of more people who complain about repetative set lists and how Moz is at an all-time low gig wise.

The charlatan was uncovered last night.... Or let me start like this: I returned from following Moz's UK tour in May feeling somewhat overfed and disillusioned. While I was waiting for the spark to return, I thought I might just as well go and check out someone who seems like a fair substitude in some aspects (someone please smack my head with a baseball bat NOW). So I went to see Wobbie Rilliams two nights in a row. May I mention that he played my hometown of Hamburg twice, so at least I didn't travel.

First night was great, I had a jolly time and left feeling somewhat entertained. The chap seemed funny, articulate and the performance was good.

But on came the second night... and not only did he play EXACTLY the same setlist, including the "spontaneous" lyric changes, he told the same jokes, the same stories and made the same pathetic crowd-pleasing statements than the night before. I felt like I was watching the same movie for the second time. Infact it seemed like he had a script telling him what to do rolling on one of the monitors. I never thought this would be possible, but Robbie Williams has mastered the art of combining trying to hard with being completely, utterly bored.

I really wish I'd saved the money for that second show... but on the other hand, if I'd done that, I probably would have been sitting here still thinking that he can live up to Moz's standards. Gosh.

So - the bottom line is: Even though I agree that Moz has seen better days, he's still a dozen Robbie Williams' rolled into one and only heaven knows how this guy gained the reputation for being the world's greatest performer. The world's greatest poser, yes. But performer, no.

So save your money, even if he comes to your doorstep. You get two Morrissey shows for the price of one Robbie, plus you get to see someone who actually means what he sings about.

That lesson was well worth half a week's wages.... please take me back, Morrissey.

errrmmm...Moz is an icon, a poet, an artist, one of the most important musicians of the 20th century, RW is a karaoke act for lonely housewives and gay men.

Dear Mozzerella. Did you see that Knebworth dvd of his? Skip to "KIDS" song, watch and tell. Near the end you hear his voice. But Robbie's not singing into the mic. In fact he's too busy making faces to the crowd. A TAPE. I re-watched it over and over, cause naive as it may sound: I couldn't believe it was true what I saw. But you just confirmed it -again. He tapes everything beforehand.

playback is fer robies...Moz sang here in santiago with less than half of his throat but with double of his heart, I really apreciated that

Back
Top Bottom