Morrissey...The End?

S

Sofan

If somebody out there has any news on Morrissey either planning a new album (or ANYTHING) could you please let me know?
I really couldn't stomach Sire-Reprise records relasing in the near future "The VERY VERY VERY Best of the Smiths."
Or, hey here's an idea: What if the record company takes ALL of Morrissey's SECOND tracks from each B Side since 1988 and call it simply "The B-Sides" and maybe include Sunny. Again. Fourth time's a charmer.
Or maybe another video compilation. Hell, Morrissey might even consider going ahead with one of the above.
Who knows?
Seriously, the man should do something before he wakes up one day and realize he isn't current any more. After all, any artist from any medium's worst nightmare is finding out PEOPLE DON't CARE anymore.
I've been a fan of the guy since '86.

Re: Morrissey...

> I really couldn't stomach Sire-Reprise records relasing in the
> near future "The VERY VERY VERY Best of the Smiths."

What if they swore up and down, crossing their hearts and hoping to die, that this time it was really their bestest effort?

> Seriously, the man should do something before he wakes up one
> day and realize he isn't current any more.

Erm, Morrissey hasn't been current since 1991. Unless Morrissey's name is actually Rip Van Winkle, I doubt that he doesn't realise he's no longer current. But the great thing about his music is that the fans hardly care about his current or not current status. I've just repeated the word "current" like five times in a row.

> After all, any artist
> from any medium's worst nightmare is finding out PEOPLE DON't
> CARE anymore.

Those zany artistes. Always looking for love in all the wrong places. I've heard that Morrissey's alarm clock applauds instead of chimes.

Cili.

lartigue_car_trip.jpg

Yes, you are right...

> What if they swore up and down, crossing their hearts and hoping
> to die, that this time it was really their bestest effort?

> Erm, Morrissey hasn't been current since 1991. Unless
> Morrissey's name is actually Rip Van Winkle, I doubt that he
> doesn't realise he's no longer current. But the great thing
> about his music is that the fans hardly care about his current
> or not current status. I've just repeated the word
> "current" like five times in a row.

> Those zany artistes. Always looking for love in all the wrong
> places. I've heard that Morrissey's alarm clock applauds instead
> of chimes.

He had one of those sound bytes from the basket ball hoop trash can thingy's made into an alarm clock along with adding the muzak from "Beautiful Day" put in recently. He has a hard time deciding which one to post as his waker-upper. So after you-know-what I hear he sets it for the applause and when he is ready to wake, he sets it for "Here Comes The Sun," or that "Beautiful Day" song the OTHER band made.

Laura

Back
Top Bottom