Morrissey in Viz

last edition they had a centrepage poster of Arseholes and Twats of the British Isles. Morrissey was featured (with pic) amongst the likes of Noel Edmonds, Russell Brand, Bernard Manning and James Blunt.

This issue they have a Pop Star Nativity Set (cut out and keep) where Morrissey is depicted as Joseph. "let's hear it for Morrissey. Just like Jesus's elderly carpenter dad, the miserable Smiths frontman never gets his end away either"

I must be one of the few that still buy Viz, huh. It's good for bathroom reading though :)

last edition they had a centrepage poster of Arseholes and Twats of the British Isles. Morrissey was featured (with pic) amongst the likes of Noel Edmonds, Russell Brand, Bernard Manning and James Blunt.

This issue they have a Pop Star Nativity Set (cut out and keep) where Morrissey is depicted as Joseph. "let's hear it for Morrissey. Just like Jesus's elderly carpenter dad, the miserable Smiths frontman never gets his end away either"

I must be one of the few that still buy Viz, huh. It's good for bathroom reading though :)

Amusingly, there used to be a character in Viz called 'Shitty Dick'.

I just bought it. Just like I scanned the Arseholes, would you like me to dust down the steam-powered photo-reproductor to bring you this gem?

Peter

I have a vague memory, that back in the early 90's(?), Viz had a one off cartoon called something like "Morrissey - Musical genius or miserable twat", or words to that effect.

If I still had it, I would show you, but unfortunately, all my Viz's got chucked when it became too commercial and more importantly, stopped being funny.

Does anyone remember "Smut" a very crap comic that tried to copy Viz but thought that all they had to do to be funny was to have characters that swore every other word, a bit like Jim Davidson. Truly awful.

If I still had it, I would show you, but unfortunately, all my Viz's got chucked when it became too commercial and more importantly, stopped being funny.

Rogers Profanasaurus is still genius and very very funny. Moz gets a mention in the latest edition (Profanasaurus Rex), can't remember it exactly something like a pub being quiter than Morrissey's stag do.

Back
Top Bottom