Message Board: For the attention of all readers.

H

hazard

This board is very interesting, and has been the source of many
interesting tales of Morrisseymania and some excellent
reports during the last tour. However, lately it has filled my life with a bad taste - I read some postings here, and I cannot
believe that some of these authors are living in the real world. In addition, I find titles of some subjects rather distgusting.

For instance, how can someone post a message with a heading like Morrissey is Dead and then go on to talk about another subject without a care in the world. In addition, whatever, Julia Riley has done, she
does not deserve to be flamed like this whether these posts are from
her own personal friends, the band, the management, or Morrissey
himself.

Somehow, we have to allow everyone to voice there own opinion, but
I am beginning to feel that people who want to vocal opinions
like these should be sent to Coventry. In addition, there is more
than a welcoming home for these people on Yahoo Chat Clubs - a place where they will be more than welcomed. Perhaps a moderator is the answer to this.

Please can you all consider what you post and think how your post affects those normal fans who connect to the site, however briefly, to catch a glimpse of Morrissey information and the latest news wonderfully presented by David T.

I hope that you all can manage to post information with
humour and a level of humility. After all, Morrissey is the person that has stimulated our interests here. This is because of his successful career and HIS achievements over 20 years. This
resulted in the award by Novello which is truly an amazing achievement for a British artist.

hazard

I know, but...

> For instance, how can someone post a message with a heading like
> Morrissey is Dead and then go on to talk about another subject
> without a care in the world.

I think the writer meant 'Morrissey is Dead' in the sense of his career, his new music and his own faith in the man...but I understand what you're saying. What I can't understand is how Morrissey can live in a country where the hotels rooms don't possess a kettle! Wail!

LMC xx

Re: I know, but..... it's still very poor taste

> I think the writer meant 'Morrissey is Dead' in the sense of his
> career, his new music and his own faith in the man...but I
> understand what you're saying.

It is still very poor taste to post such a subject.

> What I can't understand is how
> Morrissey can live in a country where the hotels rooms don't
> possess a kettle! Wail!
> LMC xx

Trying to change the subject?

Re: Oh give it a rest won't you!

Now will you just give over...

Everybody is different.
Each to their own...
...and many other cliches to boot.

*Morrissey has many different aspects to his character, and attracts all sorts of different people.
*Moderator...oh please, do shut up.
*"those normal fans" This statement is so hideously floored I hardly know where to begin; so instead I throw up my hands in a ridiculously theatrical gesture (which as I'm sure you can imagine impedes typing ability and thus forced me to pause momentarily from this diatribe.)

Do try to stop being so incredibly tiresome, all of this has been said many, many times before and all it does is insight more verbal abuse than usual...besides, another well used comment is that if Morrissey were actually to do something, things would be quite different. And we all ought to be well informed of the fact that the devil, mephistopheles, your own personal demons, the spoiled malevolent child inside, whatever, will find work for idle hands to do!

The world is very rarely how we would like it to be, so why do you expect things to be so very different here? What works for one person can turn the next one cold.

And doesn't the bad stuff just make the good stuff seem even better...and excuse me from saying so, for to cause offense is (at this moment) the furthest thing from my mind, but the kind of message board you describe sounds to me so incredibly bland...

Re: Oh give it a listen won't you!

> all of this has
> been said many, many times before

Maybe it is finally time to listen. Have you ever thought of that?

> the spoiled malevolent child inside, whatever,
> will find work for idle hands to do!

Boy! Who does that describe? Can we find him some 12 hour-a- day job doing physical labor.

> And doesn't the bad stuff just make the good stuff seem even
> better

No, it just makes the "bad stuff" even more intolerable.

Re: Whoopsidaisy!

> Maybe it is finally time to listen. Have you ever thought of
> that?

Maybe if it was worth listening to in the first place it already would have been. Constant reiteration of a point tends to suggest many, many people don't care for it (this is not to suggest however, that the subject lacks merit). Have you ever thought about that?

> Boy! Who does that describe? Can we find him some 12 hour-a- day
> job doing physical labor.

Oh it's me, out and out, in and in, I stuck it in there deliberately because I thought 'when I'm idle what makes me do the wrong things' and I arrived at that conclusion...I'm terribly bad at losing...I tend to kick over the table and scream, it never makes me feel any better but it does for entertainment for those around me.

> No, it just makes the "bad stuff" even more
> intolerable.

Really?! I really truly am sorry you have to look at it this way...even the most beautiful of roses thrives in manure!

Now show us yer knickers and give us a kiss.

Re: Pruning the roses for winter

>many people don't care for it

Be considerate of those who do think this is neither the place or time to guillotine Morrissey.

> Oh it's me, out and out, in and in

Only if the shoe fits. I was thinking of another.

> Really?! I really truly am sorry you have to look at it this
> way...even the most beautiful of roses thrives in manure!

You seem to have it backward. I find roses tend to wither in the stench, and would rather grow in a less malodorous location. Most Morrissey fans would rather talk about Morrissey than your manure pile anyway.

> Now show us yer knickers and give us a kiss.

I am above displaying my frilly underwear in public, and if you are suggesting kissing, I hope you are aware that I'm female.

Re: Pants!

> Be considerate of those who do think this is neither the place
> or time to guillotine Morrissey.

What?! When have I ever said one word against him??? Neither have I made any kind of vicious attack on anyone of any kind in this particular thread...All I am saying is that if somebody does have some kind of gripe or any kind of feeling they wish to express about Morrissey they should be able to do so freely on a board about him. People must feel free to express what they wish however they wish and no matter how you dress up your points in delicate words and undertones of kindness you are still talking about censorship and the curbation of freedom of expression...this is a general message board and not a general praise alone board. I whole heartedly support any kind of view on Morrissey I don't want uniformity I want to see how other people feel about him and why...yes even if this is bad...if all I wanted were kind words of praise for the man and was offended by anything akin to a harsh tone or a raising of the voice I would quite simple discuss him amongst myself.

> Only if the shoe fits. I was thinking of another.

What shoe? I never mentioned shoes.

> You seem to have it backward. I find roses tend to wither in the
> stench, and would rather grow in a less malodorous location.

You quite clearly have never grown roses in your life dearie. And WTF are you on about...you seem to be under some misguided impression that I don't like him! Should we all e-mail our posts to you for approval before posting? I was answering anothers post not spouting off arbitrarily, I was standing up for free expression over morrissey the whole time...and surely this leads to wider debate about him than if we are all to tip-toe around your so very delicate sensibilities?!

> Most Morrissey fans would rather talk about Morrissey than your
> manure pile anyway.

*snigger* apparantly NOT the ones here it would seem looking at the majority of posts, most of the time!

> I am above displaying my frilly underwear in public, and if you
> are suggesting kissing, I hope you are aware that I'm female.

Never stopped me in the past. And on the subject of displaying underwear in public I did just that on wednesday night last (although I feel I must point out mine were not frilly but bright red shorts with big white stars on them, much in the style of wonder woman).

Say do you think it's possible to get Morrissey inspired pants? If so what do you think, pictures (because I'm thinking that would be tacky) OR lyrics or perhaps some of his scribblings OR the fish thingumy...my, now I think of it the options are endless...

Back
Top Bottom