Let's talk about Chats Baby

• Thread starter One Shamed Individual
  • Start date
O

One Shamed Individual

24 hours have passed since last nights Chat and, although I managed to have one question answered by the Man and many questions asked, I feel let down. I've been a fan for 17 freakin years and, in the past, was always happy to hear about other fans; their points of view; their very intelligent remarks. But.... last night I dreamt somebody slammed me in the head with a Shovel.

To all those fans who asked very interesting questions (I know who you are and you know who you are): Thanks! I wish great things for you. To the others... find yourself another Idol like Britany Smears, Spears or NSYNC. YOU HAVEN'T EARNED THE RIGHT TO BE CALLED MORRISSEY FANS, BABY!!

I think chatting brings out the worst in people, because of the anonymity. You see nonsense on this site, too.

> 24 hours have passed since last nights Chat and, although I
> managed to have one question answered by the Man and many
> questions asked, I feel let down. I've been a fan for 17 freakin
> years and, in the past, was always happy to hear about other
> fans; their points of view; their very intelligent remarks.
> But.... last night I dreamt somebody slammed me in the head with
> a Shovel.

> To all those fans who asked very interesting questions (I know
> who you are and you know who you are): Thanks! I wish great
> things for you. To the others... find yourself another Idol like
> Britany Smears, Spears or NSYNC. YOU HAVEN'T EARNED THE RIGHT TO
> BE CALLED MORRISSEY FANS, BABY!!

What was your question?

Shamed One, what was your question?

Re: What was your question?

If you mean what question I asked Moz, I asked a few, but the one he answered was "What makes a Good Songwriter?" , his answer "Total Disregard of the Music Industry". I'm pleased with that....

> To the others... find yourself another Idol like
> Britany Smears, Spears or NSYNC. YOU HAVEN'T EARNED THE RIGHT TO
> BE CALLED MORRISSEY FANS, BABY!!

do you mean everybody should ask you if they can be called morrissey fans?

well, i think there`s no "right reasons" to be a morrissey fan.

> do you mean everybody should ask you if they can be called
> morrissey fans?

> well, i think there`s no "right reasons" to be a
> morrissey fan.

NO. How did you interpret that? I think a fan is someone who will have some longevity with the artist. Listening to an artist or group for 3 months then going on to the next "flavour of the month" is not being a fan. That's why the music industry is so f***ed up today. Groups are coming out at a quicker rate, with a shorter shelf life, then on to the next one. A fan does not say Suck my C**k Morrissey! How freakin childish. And its true, there are no right reasons to be a fan. I never claimed there was.

> NO. How did you interpret that? I think a fan is someone who
> will have some longevity with the artist. Listening to an artist
> or group for 3 months then going on to the next "flavour of
> the month" is not being a fan. That's why the music
> industry is so f***ed up today.

it`s more probable being in the future a real "fan" (in your sense) this way than hating morrissey anyway. don`t forget few artists are so hated than morrissey is. i simply can`t understand why you simply don`t like that people likes morrissey, even if they are not so fanatic as you or me.

> Groups are coming out at a
> quicker rate, with a shorter shelf life, then on to the next
> one.

i do it with lots of groups and singers. i don`t feel wrong if somebody does the same with moz.

>A fan does not say Suck my C**k Morrissey! How freakin
> childish. And its true, there are no right reasons to be a fan.
> I never claimed there was.

anyway you wrote: "fan is someone who will have some longevity with the artist". it may not be a "right reason" but it`s a restrictive definition anyway.

Back
Top Bottom