Labour leadership candidate loves Smiths Morrissey

Tingle3

I noted in a copy of the Metro newspaper that Andy Burnham's list of favourite songs as presented in Q magazine was "rather Smiths heavy"

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2010/08/27/andy-burnhams-desert-island-discs/

His desert island discs?:

1. How soon is now – The Smiths
2. There is a light – The Smiths
3. The Sick Bed of Cuchulainn – The Pogues
4. Dirty Old Town – The Pogues
5. Ten Storey Love Song – Stone Roses
6. Every day is like Sunday – Morrissey
7. Bones of you – Elbow
8. Protection – Massive Attack

Apparently the best moment of his life was "singing "Dirty Old Town" in front of family and friends from every era of my life at my 40th birthday do earlier this year."

Apologies; someone's probably already posted this.

If I'd known that I would have voted for him... instead of Diane

Dave

I was going to vote for him, but due to a cock up with my union membership, I never received a vote.

I noted in a copy of the Metro newspaper that Andy Burnham's list of favourite songs as presented in Q magazine was "rather Smiths heavy"

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2010/08/27/andy-burnhams-desert-island-discs/

His desert island discs?:

1. How soon is now – The Smiths
2. There is a light – The Smiths
3. The Sick Bed of Cuchulainn – The Pogues
4. Dirty Old Town – The Pogues
5. Ten Storey Love Song – Stone Roses
6. Every day is like Sunday – Morrissey
7. Bones of you – Elbow
8. Protection – Massive Attack

Apparently the best moment of his life was "singing "Dirty Old Town" in front of family and friends from every era of my life at my 40th birthday do earlier this year."

Apologies; someone's probably already posted this.

Who the hell would want to listen to "How Soon Is Now?" while trapped on a desert island? After a few months of that you'd probably long for the day you could go to a disco and be cruelly ignored by everyone.

Surely the ultimately Robinson Crusoe song to have on hand would be "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty". :guitar:

Who the hell would want to listen to "How Soon Is Now?" while trapped on a desert island? After a few months of that you'd probably long for the day you could go to a disco and be cruelly ignored by everyone.

Surely the ultimately Robinson Crusoe song to have on hand would be "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty". :guitar:

Hahaha!

Worm, don't take it too seriously, he knew he would never be in a desert island, just picked his favourite songs. :p

Someone should send him some Morrissey albums, don't you think?

Last edited:
I voted for David in both my votes, Andy was my second choice.

I like Burnham but he was never really a serious candidate. I voted David and the majority of Labour members and the majority of Labour MPs agreed with me.

Unfortunately, the Unions didn't.

I like Burnham but he was never really a serious candidate. I voted David and the majority of Labour members and the majority of Labour MPs agreed with me.

Unfortunately, the Unions didn't.

One of my votes was a union vote and I voted for David. We have our own minds and free will. Ed won fair and square.

One of my votes was a union vote and I voted for David. We have our own minds and free will. Ed won fair and square.

Not knocking the unions, my friend. But it certainly is a funny old system where the the most popular first choice candidate doesn't win, the most popular second choice does. Still, I'm hopeful EM will win me over in time, although disappointed that it looks like DM won't be involved at all.

Back
Top Bottom