Johnny Marr and Morrissey anecdote on Soccer AM

R

Ruffian

This is good..

What a Saturday morning bonus.. Johnny Marr and Mani (from Stone Rose/Primal Scream) having a guest spot on Sky TV's saturday morning irreverent and funny look at football show, Soccer AM.

Johnny is asked if Morrissey likes football (by host Tom Lovejoy) to which Marr answers..

" No I don't think he does.. but he changes. I remember a funny time in 1986 or so, in a (Smiths) rehearsal studio when we played an impromtu soccer match.. Kicking the ball around in the studio, about 14 a-side and Morrissey playing in every position.. I remember he was a tenacious tackler..'

(or words to that effect)

Marr looked pretty cool.. showed footga eof his Healers (sorry, Oasis part II) and sadi there is a couple of singles due out this year before an album next year? And he supports Man City for those trivia buffs which is a northern thing!

Cheers Ruffian, only just switched on, oh bugger! I can see Johnny!
I asked Johny via his website (about a couple of years ago) about Moz & footy as I know Johnny is a blue, I asked if they ever talked footy, Johnny said "No" as it was just after the big Wembley divvy 2 play-offs I also asked him did he get along to Wembley but he said he was stuck in the States at the time.
Just been out & bought The Smiths first on vinyl, it's a foreign pressing poss' Portugal? for a £5.
Lucky me, I think?
Grim O'Grady.
P.s. come on City, btw!

> This is good..

> What a Saturday morning bonus.. Johnny Marr and Mani (from Stone
> Rose/Primal Scream) having a guest spot on Sky TV's saturday
> morning irreverent and funny look at football show, Soccer AM.

> Johnny is asked if Morrissey likes football (by host Tom
> Lovejoy) to which Marr answers..

> " No I don't think he does.. but he changes. I remember a
> funny time in 1986 or so, in a (Smiths) rehearsal studio when we
> played an impromtu soccer match.. Kicking the ball around in the
> studio, about 14 a-side and Morrissey playing in every
> position.. I remember he was a tenacious tackler..'

> (or words to that effect)

> Marr looked pretty cool.. showed footga eof his Healers (sorry,
> Oasis part II) and sadi there is a couple of singles due out
> this year before an album next year? And he supports Man City
> for those trivia buffs which is a northern thing!

The only team from Manchester

And I forget to mention that Johnny said that Morrissey 'played in plimsolls'.. which I found quite amusing!!

Back
Top Bottom