I'm Not Sorry...

W

With Heels

is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.

> is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.
Dont agree. I think its the only weak track on a killer album. I dont understand why he didnt put never played symphonies on instead.. But, album is great, better than Maladjusted,

> Dont agree. I think its the only weak track on a killer album. I dont
> understand why he didnt put never played symphonies on instead.. But,
> album is great, better than Maladjusted,

Other favorites are How Could Anybody Possibly Know..., and I Have Forgiven You Jesus.

But yes, Never Played... is another of my faavorites. Too bad you're wrong about "I'm Not Sorry." We could have married. I can understand it not being your favorite, but to call it "weak" is just mean.

"America Is Not The World" is silly, lyrically. It's B-side material. However, the vocal melody is wonderful. It's definitely the stinker on the album. Never Played... should have been in its place.

Sorry for calling it weak... It is after all a NEW Morrissey-track after seven years waiting Listening to it now, its growing on me! I love All the Lazy dykes.
What a week, cant wait to get the vinyl album in my post! And a new single, with NEW B-sides june 28!

> Other favorites are How Could Anybody Possibly Know..., and I Have
> Forgiven You Jesus.

> But yes, Never Played... is another of my faavorites. Too bad you're wrong
> about "I'm Not Sorry." We could have married. I can understand
> it not being your favorite, but to call it "weak" is just mean.

> "America Is Not The World" is silly, lyrically. It's B-side
> material. However, the vocal melody is wonderful. It's definitely the
> stinker on the album. Never Played... should have been in its place.

> Other favorites are How Could Anybody Possibly Know..., and I Have
> Forgiven You Jesus.

> But yes, Never Played... is another of my faavorites. Too bad you're wrong
> about "I'm Not Sorry." We could have married. I can understand
> it not being your favorite, but to call it "weak" is just mean.

> "America Is Not The World" is silly, lyrically. It's B-side
> material. However, the vocal melody is wonderful. It's definitely the
> stinker on the album. Never Played... should have been in its place.

America is not the world is not silly, but really funny and true. The French, like me, will love this song. It summarizes very well what we think about this country and G.W. Bush...

"America is not the world is not silly, but really funny and true."

Well, "true" in a very narrow sense. A lot of it is a matter of opinion.

"The French, like me, will love this song."

How absolutely shocking.

Anyway, anti-Americanism is so 1981. He overstresses the fat theme. That's like me writing a song about debauched Englishmen with no teeth, and smelly Frenchmen with sour attitudes.

Considering the number of women, homsexuals, and African Americans that have attempted to run for office, it seems a rather silly slur. In fact, how many countries can claim the oppossit on all accounts?

"It summarizes very well what we think about this country and G.W. Bush..."

Look me in the eyes, and tell me that you can hear the hamburger line and keep a straight face. In fact, I dare you to record yourself singing it in the shower, and post online for consumption.

All in all, the criticism is mostly lightweight, and fairly tempered.

Finally, America is not the world, and George Bush Jr. is not America.

"Finally, America is not the world, and George Bush Jr. is not America."

I don't agree. It is a part of the america that really exists and that moz and me don't like. I am not anti-american but there is some things that have to change in this country. G.W Bush, who was elected by americans, really thinks that he is the master of the universe and it is unbearable.

> "Finally, America is not the world, and George Bush Jr. is not
> America."

> I don't agree. It is a part of the america that really exists and that moz
> and me don't like. I am not anti-american but there is some things that
> have to change in this country. G.W Bush, who was elected by americans,
> really thinks that he is the master of the universe and it is unbearable.

"I don't agree. It is a part of the america that really exists and that moz and me don't like.

Which part? Fat People? Geroge Bush's wishes? Okay, I agree. however, that's only a small portion of what makes America, America.

"I am not anti-american but there is some things that have to change in this country. G.W Bush, who was elected by americans, really thinks that he is the master of the universe and it is unbearable."

He was elected, but not to do the job that he's done. That's not how democracy wroks. People can only elect individuals that make certain promises. Everything else is a wait and see matter.

Also, only %50 of the nation voted, and barely half of those chose Bush, so, it's certainly not representative.

Pre 9/11 and post 9/11 were two completely different worlds for Americans.

There is no excuse with the 9/11 for America. It is so easy to say "we were attacked", so we can do the war where we want, no matter if the other countries don't agree. The Irak War is a failure, and I hope that the americans won't elect G.W. Bush again.
Don't worry, I know that there is a lot of very good people in america (the morrissey's fans for example) and that this country is not only a big hamburger with a big gun! There are also good movies, music, litterature that I really love. But the problem is that it is the worst face of america that is widespread all over the world. And "america is not the world" is about that. And I love this song.

"There is no excuse with the 9/11 for America. It is so easy to say "we were attacked", so we can do the war where we want, no matter if the other countries don't agree."

First off, I was against the war in Iraq, and I am still gainst the war in Iraq. However, if Saddam did have something to do with supporting 9/11, I would have demanded that my country do something about him. The notion that America must get permission from the rest of the world to defend itself is absolutely shallow, and insnane; not to mention incredibly egotistical on the part of anyone in the EU who thinks otherwise. America's first obligation is to America, not the rest of the world. I want the case to be made to me, not to Chirac, Blair, and so on.

With that being said, I never argued, in any sense, that 9/11 should be some false excuse for my country to do whatever it likes. With the exception of Iraq, I don't think it has necessarily done whatever it likes. Sense so many countries in the EU depend on each other, and have formed a union that basically requires them to toe the line, it's difficult for many of them to understand that independent mindset. I believe that America should be indepndent, and should make decisions that benefit itself within moral bounds. Trust me, I could sit here and rant and rave about my government, but such is the necessary evil of government. It's not unique in this country, or anywhere else.

Afterall, all governments are essentially mega corporations destined to save themselves. No amount of democratic reform will ever change that, which is why imo, it is best to take more power away from government.

"The Irak War is a failure, and I hope that the americans won't elect G.W. Bush again."

While I don't agree with the war, the assertion that it is a failure is premature. Enough time hasn't passed to make any judgement on the situation. Saddam was captured. I don't know of any other immediate expectation. More importantly, I don't want to see anymore U.S. soldiers killed in a country where so many people want them gone.

In the end, the naivete is in believing that people will be grateful no matter what. Saddam was bad, but sadly, people still believe the U.S. is worse which baffles me. But that's the way human beings are. Fraternity always wins out, no matter what. American hawks still believe that they can turn every other ill regime into Japan. In the end, the only wise thing to do was to keep pressuring the U.N. to enact a joint military effort. This would have taken the pressure off of the U.S.

However, in any case, I think it's quite obvious that Saddam was making a mockery of the U.N. Sanctions simply don't work. The only eventual choice would have been a military one. If weapons inspectors are not allowed full access, then what conclusion should one draw?

I'm ranting now, but I didn't necessarily disagree with a balnced military effort, just not one done so unilaterally, that made Americans even more hated, and put more American troops at risk.

"Don't worry, I know that there is a lot of very good people in america (the morrissey's fans for example) and that this country is not only a big hamburger with a big gun! There are also good movies, music, litterature that I really love. But the problem is that it is the worst face of america that is widespread all over the world. And "america is not the world" is about that. And I love this song."

Well, you express an incredibly sensitive, rationale view, and I can appreciate that. America is a work in progress, and will always be a work in progress. As ridiculous as Bush has been, he is only temporary.

As the sole superpower, we will undoubtedly do more things that make the rest of the world cringe. The only answer to this is for the EU to grow stronger economically, and to make itself less dependent on the whims of United States.

Back
Top Bottom