if you hate your arsenal...

your arsenal is his best lp along with vauxhall

> you're completly wrong man to compare YOUR ARSENAL with KILL¿ UNKLE/¿ Y.A. is one of the greatiest lps moz did along with VAUXHALL:¿ ViVA is so irregular & his last 2 lps are crap(except 3¿ songs:teachers,+2 BSIDES FROM 1997 this not your country and the¿ edges are..

But I'm saying though.....

Oh, I didn't mean to trample anyone's precious lilies. I only wanted to see if anyone would recognize the obvious irony in my libelous discount of Your Arsenal, and absurd exaltations of Kill Uncle.

For the Record, my personal favorite ranking would be:
1 Vauxhall
2 Bona
3 Your Arse
4 Viva
5 Kill Uncle
6 Maladjusted
7 (and not merely by process of elimination)Southpaw

Re: But I'm saying though.....

why did you include in your relation bona drag and not my early burglary years? meby is my favourite morrissey cd, and it`s a compilation just like bona drag.

and i really didn`t understand your irony, sorry. i wish to know why some die-hard hate your arsenal, and you said you hated it. and i really think kill uncle is great - exaltations for this cd are not absurd to me.¿ Oh, I didn't mean to trample anyone's precious lilies. I only¿ wanted to see if anyone would recognize the obvious irony in my¿ libelous discount of Your Arsenal, and absurd exaltations of¿ Kill Uncle.¿ For the Record, my personal favorite ranking would be:¿ 1 Vauxhall¿ 2 Bona¿ 3 Your Arse¿ 4 Viva¿ 5 Kill Uncle¿ 6 Maladjusted¿ 7 (and not merely by process of elimination)Southpaw

> i heard more than once that there are so many die-hard fans that¿ don`t like "your arsenal".¿ somebody here doesn`t like this cd?¿ and why?

I LOVE Your Arsenal. Especially "We hate it...". Face it people, the song is catchy as @#!!!.

"Your Arsenal" is merely OK...get real

The reason I don't think so highly of "Your Arsenal" is simply because it's not that good. It has some of Morrissey lamest lyrics (up until that point, I mean. He has since written far worse songs), such as "Fatty" and "We Hate It..." And many of the others leave a lot to be desired. "Kill Uncle" was the last time he had any sort of lyrical edge, and his skill has never recovered.

Before you argue with me (and really I don't care, and probably won't even check back to see if anyone did), Morrissey himself commented on the lyrics, about how he made them simpler (I forget his exact wording, because I do have a life outside Morrrissey). And the decision to not include a lyric sheet is also telling - they would only seem worse in print...

Now, as for "Vauxhall," it had some nice moments, and was a step in the right direction, but those of you in the apparent majority who consider it his finest work...there's a lot of clumy and downright pointless wordplay going on here, too..."Hold on to Your Friends"? And "Used to Be Sweet Boy"?

Who cares about Morrissey. He's only good for interviews now...his records have ceased to be challenging (except in the sense that they are painful to listen to).

morrissey, meet jenny craig...

Desperate "fans"

If you are a fan of Morrissey the lyricist, then I don't know how you can call this sorry effort your favorite without laughing. It SOUNDS great, the music and production are great, and his voice sounds good...but lyrically? With the exception of "The National Front Disco," there's not much to admire here...again, I mean lyrically.

A lot of critical hype accompanied this album, and "Vauxhall," and I really believe most fans bought into it...it was their chance to defend their fallen idol ("look, he the critics like it! it's in the top 40! morrissey isn't washed up!") and have some support from the hype machine.

Morrissey himself proved how irrelevant he has become in the years that followed...with 2 compilations and two terrible, embarrasing records...and now no record label...¿ Who doesn't like that album? "Your Arsenal" naysayers¿ come few and far in-between. I'll have to argue if you do not¿ like it, considering it is probably my favourite of the¿ Morrissey catalouge.

Oh, but it's like, saying.....

You know, Fab, you are quite correct about that one; I didn't put MEBY in my ranking because I regarded it as a compilation, and was sticking to the regular releases (for lack of a more concrete term). But Bona, yes, a singles compilation! Well I would have to say that MEBY is a pretty cute record, most likely falling somewhere around Kill Uncle, based only on how often I actually listen to it. Also, I feel I should clarify that I really don't dislike any of his albums entirely. There are many songs I could certainly live without, and a lot of them are on Southpaw and Kill Uncle. Well, to each his own, I guess.

I guess a lot of folks don't dig Your Arsenal in the same way that people freaked on Metallica when they cut their hair. it's just a change, and it suited some fine and I guess disillusioned some others.

Oh, do you know if the Bona Drag singles were all recorded at different times, or was it one main session just released seperately at first?

Raymond P Stevens III

"kill uncle" is the old queen's best album

true, the last two have been crap...but the two before it certainly paved the way...

you are all wrong. i am right.

the end.

Re: "Your Arsenal" is merely OK...get real

> Who cares about Morrissey.

you.

Re: Oh, but it's like, saying.....

> Oh, do you know if the Bona Drag singles were all recorded at¿ different times, or was it one main session just released¿ seperately at first?

They were all recorded at separate times.

Re: "Your Arsenal" is merely OK...get real

you're completly right about the quality of the lyrics but the melodies on that lp are stunning.

franck from france