If Mexico and Teenage dad are on the dvd single, can't we play them on a normal cd player/walkman?

Re: If Mexico and Teenage dad are on the dvd single, can't we play them on a normal cd player/walkma

You can if its audio most of them do have audio on them as well as the dvd video

Re: If Mexico and Teenage dad are on the dvd single, can't we play them on a normal cd player/walkma

> You can if its audio most of them do have audio on them as well as the dvd
> video

I'm worried because I've just tried ome other dvd singles in a normal player, and none of the audio tracks work!!

I hope that's not the case tomorrow!!!

No, they won't play unless you have a CD player that is capable of reading DVD-audio. And those are much more expensive.

DVDs and CDs are two very different things and need a different type of laser from the player to read them.

Andy Pye, that's bollocks. You still can't play a DVD single in an audio CD player.

I think that this DVD single format will be a massive own goal for Morrissey/Scantuary, and that a lot of fans will just get US copies of the single so they can have the three b-sides in CD format.

Watch this space, but I'd bet my firstborn that the single won;t do so well in the UK charts, and that this format will be the reason why.

> Andy Pye, that's bollocks. You still can't play a DVD single in an audio
> CD player.

> I think that this DVD single format will be a massive own goal for
> Morrissey/Scantuary, and that a lot of fans will just get US copies of the
> single so they can have the three b-sides in CD format.

> Watch this space, but I'd bet my firstborn that the single won;t do so
> well in the UK charts, and that this format will be the reason why.

Not sure if it'll drastically affect the chart position, but christ, how disappointing is that??

> Not sure if it'll drastically affect the chart position, but christ, how
> disappointing is that??

I've ordered the Amiercan 4 track single. Yeah, irritating. DVD singles are a stupid format for audio only tracks. Instead of a 7", there should have been:

CD1 - one b-side
CD2 - two b-sides
DVD - with the promo videos, and a couple of live tracks from the RAH gig or the MEN gigs.

This way the single would still be UK chart eligible, and fans would get far better value.