I Keep Mine Hidden

• Thread starter homeless chihuahua
  • Start date
H

homeless chihuahua

I think Morrissey would have been totally open about his sexuality hadn't The Smiths turned into such an influential band in such a boring period of time musicwise. His already suggestive lyrics started being scrutinized and manipulated after they hit it big in a decade when gayish imagery was a fashion statement as a result of pop music but it was not accepted openly as a lifestyle.
I agree that Moz has spent most of his life in the closet but I doubt he has been unhappy or frustrated about it because his personality (which I know only about from his lyrics) depicts so many ambiguous and yet colorful scenes and feelings that he would rather be reserved about coming out precisely to avoid his poetry from being associated with something as irrelevant and plain as a sexual orientation. Morrissey would only be pleasing the media declaring his sexual inclinations, I think real fans wouldn't care either way but would rather not know because each one interprets his music according to one's personal situation, empathizing with the author only in his mood and his perception of things, far from falling into the vulgarity of impersonating in a genre the object of his messages.

Hmm...you know if he were afraid of letting it out during the Smiths era as admitting it was not just a fashion statement he could've been one of the pioneers then ! Oh well, we all make mistakes. Nevertheless, I am proud of him. He lives in LA now ! And everyone knows that when you live there you're wicked PHAT ! Oh, word.

He shouldn't of been possessive over Johnny, though. Pfftt..."I Won't Share You" I'd run away, too.

^_~

img11.jpg

> I think Morrissey would have been totally open about his
> sexuality hadn't The Smiths turned into such an influential band
> in such a boring period of time musicwise. His already
> suggestive lyrics started being scrutinized and manipulated
> after they hit it big in a decade when gayish imagery was a
> fashion statement as a result of pop music but it was not
> accepted openly as a lifestyle.
> I agree that Moz has spent most of his life in the closet but I
> doubt he has been unhappy or frustrated about it because his
> personality (which I know only about from his lyrics) depicts so
> many ambiguous and yet colorful scenes and feelings that he
> would rather be reserved about coming out precisely to avoid his
> poetry from being associated with something as irrelevant and
> plain as a sexual orientation. Morrissey would only be pleasing
> the media declaring his sexual inclinations, I think real fans
> wouldn't care either way but would rather not know because each
> one interprets his music according to one's personal situation,
> empathizing with the author only in his mood and his perception
> of things, far from falling into the vulgarity of impersonating
> in a genre the object of his messages.

Finally a decent post !!!

Morrissey ever was a reserved person. When you see him on the stage, it seems like another man, full of energy, gestures, and he seems to undress his soul to his audience. Out of stage he is discret, polite and a little shy. During The Smiths period, he used to say intriguer thinks about his personal life, but now he seldom open his mouth to say something. I feel that if he would say something about his private life now, this could be a damage for his person. His new fans have a different profile, and these new fans are not very interested on his sexual inclinations. He never was clear about his sexual orientation, and maybe that's why you will find so many people puting their own beliefs on him. My "humble" opinion is that Morrissey just want to be far away from gossips, and he has a sweet nature. He just want to live his life, without people discussing his sexual life. On the other hand, if he keeps this like a sacred secret, he is just getting more attention from the media. I really don't think this is important for the real fans. And, in fact, his lyrics can be interpreted according to our own beliefs, and his poetry is able to touch you... no matter if you are straight or not. His art has a special magic, and his great persona has a unique power.

Morrissey thinks you should quit now

While that was in your words, finally a decent post...but since when has the harmless chihuahooey hasn't posted something decent?

I cannot say the same of your Somni-cum. No I cannot say "Finally a response that I can understand" nor can i exclaim, "Finally an intelligent response by Somni-cum." No, in fact I can't even say "Finally a $hitty response by Somni-cum" because it didn't even merit that. Now, now..don't get your pants wet...I never claimed to be smart nor funny nor intelligent..In fact I would be the first to act indifferent to these claims.

However, Mr. I cannot "seel" any of my work, your response is indicipherable. At least my horrible responses are understood with a 2nd grade education (since I write at pre-school level). Yet, your raping of the English language makes us Americans look like angels. Listen jackmutt, when using the English language stick with the words you know..ya know, like "Will work for cereal" or "mommy again? But my pee pee hurts."

Just advice, but I'm running out of time, so I'm going to plate these up now.

You know what I gotta go, thanks for watching, I'm Ming Tsai and thanks for watching "East meets West." ding-ding-doing-ding-ding-ding-doing.

Music by Takeshui

Re: SOMNI-CUM say "SHUT UP...LOSER !!!". Me laughie and laughie! heelie-hee

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at this response...chuckle. Hey, but I do want to congratulate you on two things:

1. I actually understood your post this time (using small words and big caps works for you midget-brain)

2. While I understood you, I still have to scoff at how unintelligent your response is...ha ha, like a kid.."Hey Man, Shut up" "No you" "Uh uh, you" "Shut up yourself" "No you shut up"

Oh man, stop me before I laugh to death...or as you say...

"You SHUT UP, I hope you die of laughing death that will cause you diying, why can't I seel my painterings?" Somni-cum...you are so dumb but funny!

Back
Top Bottom