Has the "omitted" song from Maladjusted ever surfaced?

W

Weiß

VH-1's biography of Morrissey mentions a song left off of Maladjusted:

"Morrissey released the delayed Maladjusted for new label Island Records, although he was forced to omit a track that allegedly attacked Joyce and Rourke"

Has this song ever surfaced? Any other info 'bout it?

Yes!

It's called Sorrow Will Come In The End and it's on all non-UK versions of Maladjusted on Mercury (it's placed penultimately between He Cried and Satan). It's only the UK version, on Island, that doesn't have the song. It's also crap!

> VH-1's biography of Morrissey mentions a song left off of Maladjusted:

> "Morrissey released the delayed Maladjusted for new label Island
> Records, although he was forced to omit a track that allegedly attacked
> Joyce and Rourke"

> Has this song ever surfaced? Any other info 'bout it?

Ohhh. I thought there was some super hush-hush top secret song

In addition to "Sorrow". Do British courts really have the power to expurgate such a vague song? It doesn't name names or anything.

Re: i must not be right in the head since i like "Mexico" and "Sorrow"

> It's called Sorrow Will Come In The End and it's on all non-UK versions of
> Maladjusted on Mercury (it's placed penultimately between He Cried and
> Satan). It's only the UK version, on Island, that doesn't have the song.
> It's also crap!

SWCITE was the first track from Maladjusted that i got hooked on. i thought it was really different from his previous work and i wish it was longer. i think it would have been better placed as the final track of the album though. as for "Mexico", i've already expressed numerous times that i love this tune and hope that a studio version emerges at one point.

Re: Ohhh. I thought there was some super hush-hush top secret song

It wasn't banned or anything. The record company just thought it wasn't worth the risk cos they didn't wanna get sued. Maybe if it was half decent it could've been worth a go but it isn't.

It doesn't name names but it is pretty obvious what the song is about and if you write a song attacking lawyers and law courts and they decide to take legal action then the chances are they will win.

Re: i must not be right in the head since i like "Mexico" and "Sorrow"

I too like both songs! Neither is his best, neither is his worst. Always found Sorrow... highly amusing, especially when compared to the sentiments of Ammunition! Mexico is a solid tune and given the right treatment would be a more than worthy enough b-side.

> SWCITE was the first track from Maladjusted that i got hooked on. i
> thought it was really different from his previous work and i wish it was
> longer. i think it would have been better placed as the final track of the
> album though. as for "Mexico", i've already expressed numerous
> times that i love this tune and hope that a studio version emerges at one
> point.

Back
Top Bottom