Greatest Living British Icon: top 3 for Moz

Basically Bill Oddie (supporting David Attenboroug) went off on one about how Morrissey wasn't an icon, he was a narcissist. He started to get really angry about it.
Thank you both. What a silly argument, as if being or not being narcissistic, or having any other character trait, has got anything to do with being an ICON. I wonder what Bill Oddie thinks is an 'icon'. ... And BTW... who is Bill Oddie?

Anyway, it seems that the # 1 complaint from people who hate Morrissey is always that he is 'arrogant' or 'narcissistic'. You would think that every other celebrity is an embodiment of modesty. :rolleyes:

Thanks for telling us how it's done Lux Girl. I voted a good few times before, everytime I logged on to a different computer at work but now that I know how to clear cookies I can keep voting! Very surprised and a bit sad that Bowie didn't make it.

Ooh, so he's called Bill Oddie. Is he a famous Englishman?

(and I think Martin likes Morrissey as well!)

Bill Oddie is originally a comedian, but now presenting wildlife programme on BBC.
I enjoy watching his programme, but really sad to see him slagging off Morrissey.
Oddie hasn't done any favour to Sir David.
Martin Freeman did a good job, he's more level-headed and kept calm.
Thank goodness Stuart Maconie is on Morrissey's side!:)

Last edited:
Bill Oddie was one of The Goodies....he also made a complete fool of himself recently on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...... his daughter is an actress....I think she played the wife of Reggie in The Krays....Kate someone or other...would GOOGLE it but I am far to busy voting for our boy!

Last edited:
Bill Oddie is originally a comedian, but now presenting wildlife programme on BBC.
I enjoy watching his programme, but really sad to see him slagging off Morrissey.
Oddie hasn't done any favour to Sir David.
Martin Freeman did a good job, he's more level-headed and kept calm.
Thank goodness Stuart Maconie is on Morrissey's side!:)
Out of those 3 I only know who Martin Freeman is.

i loved macoinies retort "well you just spent more time telling us how much you hate morrissey that you did championing attenbough"
NICELY CUT DOWN...:D

Bill odie just proved what a big mouthed bigot he is.
typical meat eater :eek: ;)

oh and ive been voting NONSTOP for the last hour and 1/4.
so get over there...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/livingicons/vote/

I found this on the bbc website...its their privacy & cookies policy

" *votename* cookie Some voting systems on bbc.co.uk may set a cookie to discourage voters voting more than once. In each case the cookie's name will reflect the vote in question."

but we delete that cookie.....and we vote again....i hope it works after all that voting we've done :D

Back
Top Bottom